received negative feedback for being charged custom fees

I received a Negative feedback from buyer for being charged Customs Fees, can I ask ebay to remove it?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: received negative feedback for being charged custom fees

Yes, you should be able to get it removed.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@hengel13 wrote:

I received a Negative feedback from buyer for being charged Customs Fees, can I ask ebay to remove it?

If a Canadian buyer purchases something from a Intl/US seller they should see something like this in payment details.

Customs charges.JPG

Customs from USA Intl Standard.JPG

When an Intl/US buyer buys something from a Canadian seller they would see something like this.

Customs charges 2.JPG

In reviewing several US/Intl examples to Canada there is very little consistency so results may vary. Screenshots exactly as displayed in eBay.

As per ebay the buyer is responsible for any customs processing, duties and taxes when applicable. You can contact eBay CS and ask them to have the feedback removed. No guarantees.

You can pass the following link on to your buyer for current/future reference.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/taxes-import-charges?id=4121&st=3&pos=5&query...

-Lotz

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

finally removed!
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

finally removed!!!
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

only took 3 days? That's fast!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

How did you get them to remove it?
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

The original post is from 2020 so it's unlikely the poster will see your question but they often will remove negs related to custom charges.   That was probably what happened with your neg although the amount does seem high and it isn't clear by the feedback that's what happened.   But you should try contacting eBay cs on Facebook, Twitter or instagram by sending a private message to them on one of those platforms.  Those reps are often quite helpful.   If you have proof as to what the charges were for, that would help too.

btw you are currently on the Canadian board but the rules are the same in this case. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply