several weeks and numerous phone calls trying to list a few items...................beyond furious,

Since October I have made $4000 + in purchases to build up a good reputation and positive feedback. I have spent weeks scanning hundreds of vintage sports cards and preparing listings.  I have also spent weeks preparing a 25 year coin collection to present on ebay. I have made numerous inquiries to ebay.ca customer service personal and get no where.  I have only managed to list one item because the system keeps wanting to provide my listed phone number, which is my mothers home phone, with a text message.   My mother's phone can't accept a text. I was told my listings could be verified with a phone call. They refuse to call.  I was told after inquiring I do not need to buy a cell phone to receive text messages.  To say I am angry is an understatement. They accepted my money, hundreds in fee's when I was buying without being put through such a hassle.  I will not spend another dime here until I am treated with a little respect. And I may take my coin collection and large vintage sports card collection to a private auction house.

T broad, Canada

T broad

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

several weeks and numerous phone calls trying to list a few items...................beyond furious,

They kept asking me for an SNS whatever that was but since it seemed to be a phone, I just put in my landline.

I am old and interweb -challenged.

No problem.

Your mother's number is just fine, as far as I can tell, providing you are over 18.

Under 18s are not allowed to use eBay without adult supervision, because until that age they cannot enter a valid contract.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

SMS is the acronym used when referring to a text message of the generic variety, texts are primarily sent or received by cell phone.

I would imagine most of the major cellular providers offer SMS text to landline service as well.

I have occasionally sent a text from my cell to a landline with no problem, have received one or two on a landline as well.

The landline end receives the text in voice format as the cellular provider converts the message from text to voice. Some of the smaller or budget companies may not have that capability.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Or -in words that can be understood even by a Boomer like me- they may be asking for a cell number but they accept a landline number.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

If this AI kicking in wonder if it comprehends not everyone has a cellphone? Back to computer basics when something looped back to line 1 of the programming or the alternative....The blue screen of death.  Now where did I put my floppy_disk repair disk?

-Lotz

Image result for basic programming funny

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Yes, that's what they're after. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

For better or worse cell phones and "confirmation codes" sent by text hold sway these days. Wish I had a dollar for every one of those I've received and used to confirm my identity. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera 

Wish I had a dollar for every time I was told I could just download the app. I could have retired from eBay?

-Lotz

Message 8 of 8
latest reply