so eBay has changed the shipping label format.???

Can ebay Please leave things that aren't broken alone.. The new Invoice i print out has the buyers phone number at the bottom of the address,, That needs to be removed, or i have to cut it off of every label i print..

Also Canada has been shortened to CAN   

also can the ship to address be a little darker, as most of us cut this out and apply it to the package for delivery..

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Why must the phone number be removed?

While Canada Post doesn't phone recipients, most couriers want that number for  just in case.

I agree with your other two points.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I don't believe any buyer wants there phone number on a shipping label, unless it is sent with tracking..

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I've never seen a buyer complain about having their phone number on a shipping label, but then again there are the crowd who refuse to use their names on any packages lest the the men in black suits intercept their package.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@femmefan1946 

They removed the recievers email, at least I can't find it

I always provide Canada Post the email address so the reciever gets real time updates.

I wish I went to bed instead of checking orders tonight haha

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@hlmacdon wrote:

I've never seen a buyer complain about having their phone number on a shipping label, but then again there are the crowd who refuse to use their names on any packages lest the the men in black suits intercept their package.

I would be more nervous having that VAT information included as part of the address label. That information, like an IRS/EIN number is for customs eyes only. Just like we wouldn't want to include our SIN number with our mailing address.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

The VAT information is for the use of customs officials, isn't it? Where should it be if not on the label?

The customs label specifically wants the contents of the parcel spelled out- which I would think would be of more interest to porch pirates.

What I can't figure out is who is supposed to be using these phone or VAT or HS numbers and how?

Once your package is in the postal system (or a courier's system) the only ones who will see it would be employees.

And they have too much to deal with to be concerned about harvesting these numbers.

This is a postal terminal.

CANADA POST SHIPPING .jpg

CANADA POST -TERMINAL.jpg

This is why we have postal codes which are read by machines not by humans.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I cant beleive they changed this, so frustrating, not only does the address format not match Canada Post guidelines, but I can no longer use this packing slip in the envelopes I use. I used to fold it in tri-fold to use in "windowed" envelopes, Now I can no longer do that. I suggest that if eBay keeps changing things, that they at least make the new formats customizable for sellers. As it stands I will now have to either cut paper or produce seperate lables mannually.

So Frustrating.... uggg

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Thanks for providing this input, I've gotten it to the shipping team to review and evaluate for future implementation.

Thanks!
Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

I would be more nervous having that VAT information included as part of the address label. That information, like an IRS/EIN number is for customs eyes only. Just like we wouldn't want to include our SIN number with our mailing address.

-Lotz

Which VAT information the IOSS number? The postal implementations I've seen point to that being hidden and replaced by an IOSS logo but the number itself is not really useful. Part of your confusion might be the way Shippo labelled those fields, IRS/IEN wouldn't be used as those have nothing do with IOSS, it would either be your IOSS number if you register or ebay's number. USPS spec calls for a TAX ID field for IOSS number entry, that might explain their confusion. Declared values have always been part of the customs decleration so those aren't really a concern.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I always include the buyer's phone number on to the envelope....... and when I buy I also provide my phone number. So far I haven't had any complaints from any buyers about having the phone number on the shipping address. I think including the phone number increases the chance of the customer receiving the item if it does get misdelivered by accident. I do believe that most people are honest. 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

The address used to be duplicated at the top and I used to snip off the top bit and use it as the label on my envelope.  Now I have to snip out the Ship to section of the invoice and it looks sloppy; or copy and paste the address to another page to print seprately. Bit of a pain.

I also dont like the phone number in the address, but could live with it if it was seperated from the address by a blank line.  

I know the three letter country code is the UPU standard, but I still like seeing the full country spelled out.

The VAT/IOSS seems to be in random spots in the address as well - I had one below the name and one at the bottom above the phone.  Again. maybe we can seperate the number from the address by a blank line?

I dont like how they report the ebay collected taxes.  I use these packing slips to calculate my month ends and ebay taxes are not in my month end.   It would help my month end calculations if the subtotal included the shipping.

-Like the personalized message feature.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Tyler -

Is there a way of going back to the old packing slips, or are we stuck with this?

Cheers,

George

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Hi @hamsterstamps - I haven't heard any plans to roll back the packing slip formatting, but I have made sure that the input and suggestions I've seen on it over the last few weeks is shared with the right people. They've gotten several bugs and tickets opened based on input from members here, as well as future enhancements on the list of things to address. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

I looked at the Ebay rates and they were not as good as the rates posted by CanadaPost if using a SnapShip account. 

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

At ebay "future enhancements" is clearly an oxymoron, so please ask them to just focus on fixing what they have already broken. 

Message 17 of 17
latest reply