want to use ebay.co.uk platform

some items are in UK and want to use ebay.co.uk platform for selling those items ( for UK to UK ship only ) , my base is ( Canada ) ebay.ca 

Is it according to ebay rules or I have to inform them first before using for add items on ebay.co.uk as I am currently sell things on ebay.ca

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: want to use ebay.co.uk platform

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @salmahashm0 - you're able to list items for sale directly on eBay.co.uk without issue, regardless of your 'home' site. 

Be aware that UK laws can be very strict regarding the collection and remittance of VAT, and they require most businesses to register a VAT number on their account as well. You can review some basics here

Tyler,
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

This would be a good question to ask Tyler, the weekly chat is open for questions like this. Might need to provide him with a few more details. 

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/November-13-2019-Weekly-Session/m-p/429744#M7428

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @salmahashm0 - you're able to list items for sale directly on eBay.co.uk without issue, regardless of your 'home' site. 

Be aware that UK laws can be very strict regarding the collection and remittance of VAT, and they require most businesses to register a VAT number on their account as well. You can review some basics here

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If you are in Canada, how do you plan to ship UK domestically?

If you have been approached to dropship from a "UK-based" supplier, take your time. Many are actually shipping from China and you will end up with impatient and angry customers.
To say nothing about duty and as Tyler points out, VAT.

Since most dropship resellers are too lazy to do anything but a straight cut and paste of their supplier's product catalogue, put some of the titles into dotUK Search, then look at the feedback for your competitors.

If your supplier is shipping from outside the UK or even the EU, complaints will show up in their FB.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for reply in detail. Those item already in UK  and I  ship only domestically.
Already search into dotUK , item is in great demand and short there ( out of stock )
Regards

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for reply in detail.  My account is an individual and  not  Business seller account. So should i face VAT process and need VAT for dotUK  platform ??

" You must provide your registered VAT number on your eBay account if you are required to charge VAT on your items. In addition, if you are VAT registered in more than one country you should register all your VAT numbers here "

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hi @salmahashm0 - I am not able to provide you anything resembling tax advice or guidance. 

I can tell you that if you're what the UK considers an 'overseas seller' with inventory housed in the UK that you may have VAT obligations regardless of your eBay account registration status. There's more information available on that and other rules here. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

great demand and short there ( out of stock )
Regards

Again-- dropshipping.

If the exact product has identical descriptions and pictures , there is a single supplier.

If the sellers are "out of stock" the supplier is out of stock.

And he hasn't told the resellers yet. They will find out when a customer orders and they are unable to get any product.

Don't sell anything you don't have in your possession.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply