when we will have North America call center

Here is my issue i sold a luggage brand new sealed etc.The buyer sent me a message 6 days after he received to tell me that there is a missing screw in the luggage whel.I sold a lot of them in my physical store and never had an issue whatsoever.I asked for picture i run to the company they give me the 2 type of screws and i shipped with tracking number.I offered him from the beginning to refund him and take the lost.Well now the buyer want me to send him another luggage and he want to participate in the shipping.My guts feeling is that i should refund him in full and just forget about it.I dont feel like to send a second one for free .Im sure im getting scammed but i dont want to have negative feedback.Just week ago i was treatened by a customer and when i refund her she left me a nice positive feedback.But i dont need this .So what i should do ? I need fast help .Thank you for your inputs

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Why take a loss? Just tell your customer Return for Refund. Unless your shipping cost to ship to him and to ship back is more than the item is worth, then you could just refund. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

The first answer to any complaint about an item that is "not as described" is a polite apology for the disappointment and a request to return for a full refund.

Most scammers stop at that point.

If the buyer is honest, she may request a return shipping label, which is what eBay promises.

Since this is not possible internationally, and eBay has not addressed this problem, then you have a difficulty, especially since your bags are bulky and expensive to ship.

But still Return for Refund is your first move.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

In regards to the title of your thread.... There is a call center in Utah although there is no way to specifically reach them instead of the one in the Philippines.  But in this case, I doubt that it would make a difference who you talk to as you would likely get similar answers which would be to accept a return or send a replacement.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

ts not true i got Utah ,the customer do not want to return the item or open request ,he just want new luggage .They do help me .When i asked him to open return request he said he dont have time for it.I follow what North American representative told me not the other one .
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I have no idea what cs told you the first time you called since you didn't telll us that but glad that it worked out for you.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

What does this title have to do with it?????

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

A lot .
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please explain it.  Thanks.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Maybe with Trump now pres. and the big push keep jobs in USA for USA the .com sellers should be jumping on their Fed. Rep. and targeting ebay asap. I'm sure people in the USA could do the job
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Yes, but will they work for call centre wages?

There is a call centre in Utah. They are not open 24/7 and have trouble with concepts like "Canada".

And as with any job, the owner pays out at least double the actual wage in employee costs (taxes, plant and infrastructure, unemployment and pension costs, etc.).

The median household income in the USA is about $50K while the Phillipines is about $4700 annually (235K pesos).

Message 11 of 11
latest reply