where my buy it now?

I put a buy it now price for my listing but when I look at my listing, theres no buy it now, only bid, someone also messaged me telling me they cant use buy it now, whats going on?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

where my buy it now?

I see only one listing.

It is an Auction.

While sellers can add a Buy It Now price to an Auction, that will disappear with the first bid.

You have some choices.

You can tell the person who messaged you to bid on the item.

• It might even be that your current bidder has a higher bid than the Buy It Now and the other person's bid will show that.

You can cancel the bid and the auction, and make a Fixed Price listing for the other person.

• But remember you do not know what the maximum bid of your current high bidder is.
  • Having two interested customers on the first day of the listing is a good sign that you will have many more bidders.

If you know what price you want for the item, don't use Auctions at all.

• Over 85% of transactions are Fixed Price
  • Most Auctions get only one bid including those with a Buy It Now Price.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

where my buy it now?

I see only one listing.

It is an Auction.

While sellers can add a Buy It Now price to an Auction, that will disappear with the first bid.

You have some choices.

You can tell the person who messaged you to bid on the item.

• It might even be that your current bidder has a higher bid than the Buy It Now and the other person's bid will show that.

You can cancel the bid and the auction, and make a Fixed Price listing for the other person.

• But remember you do not know what the maximum bid of your current high bidder is.
  • Having two interested customers on the first day of the listing is a good sign that you will have many more bidders.

If you know what price you want for the item, don't use Auctions at all.

• Over 85% of transactions are Fixed Price
  • Most Auctions get only one bid including those with a Buy It Now Price.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

where my buy it now?

Personally, I would not cancel the actual listing. Because you have a bid, you will have to pay fees on it even if - in theory - it doesn't sell.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply