will not be a seller any more again

litao
Community Member

had a extremely bad experience  as seller,   listed a thing (stamp), give out very accurate description(not brand new, gas soft bend)  and the right price(half price of a new one ) for the condition ,delivered , buyer opened a dispute saying :damaged :  and loaded the photo of that bend , my god ! buyer knew it has a bend and paid for only half price , of course i think I have nothing wrong  , after tons email and phone with ebay , ebay said i lost the  dispute , so wired ! I did everything right , and  lost 200 dollars and buyer had my stamps and 200 dollars refund , and one of the ebay team was so rude on the phone  , 

ebay charge me for its profit and always stand for buyer without any reason ,regardless what the fact was ,and yelled on phone , it is the way they treat who give them money ....

ok  I will never be a seller ,,

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: will not be a seller any more again

That your description was correct and he complained anyway is very annoying.'

But.

When you get a complaint like this you reply:

"I regret you are not happy with your purchase. Please return it for a full refund."

If he demands a partial refund (common ploy), reply:

"I regret you are not happy with your purchase. Please return it for a full refund."

If he threatens to leave negative feedback*, take a screenshot of the message, and reply:

If he threatens to Dispute with eBay, reply:

If he opens a Dispute with eBay respond in the Dispute:

Now.

What is happening is a case of Buyer Remorse and theoretically the buyer pays for tracked return shipping.

If he doesn't return it on your request, he loses the case.

However, most buyers don't want to pay for tracked shipping, so you are likely to have to pay for it.

Sorry.

The cost of return shipping will be less than the $200 you are out now.

Some buyer think this is a win for them, because you can't send a USPS Label. 

Wrong!

If he is in the USA (and possibly other countries, I'm not sure) you can send him a USPS Return Shipping Label - First Class Package International- using Shippo and refund on return.

Yes, you make refunds.

No Returns does not mean No Refunds.

If he doesn't return it, you get your payment for the unused Label back and win the Dispute.

What you don't do is get into an argument about condition.

It doesn't work.

* Because that is Feedback Extortion and eBay takes it seriously.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

If it's a $200 item and a customer puts a return request for any reason, just buy a prepaid return label and wait for them to send it back. Nothing they say matters after you provide that label. Their option is to send it back or close the return request. 

This is why eBay found in their favor, because you didn't provide the return label.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

If I did nothing wrong ,why I have to pay shipping back charge ? Just because buyer (even buyer is not telling truth) does not want to pay . Did eBay give out guideline to say , seller have to pay shipping even did nothing wrong? If yes , I will shut up forever, otherwise , I will resist eBay is unfair on my cases (2 cases from same buyer ,did abuse twice )and stood for lair .
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for your reply ,my opinion is : if I did nothing wrong ,I have no obligation to pay extra penny ,if I lost ,ok ,then I know ,it is not a fair place ,just step away .

Now I know ,eBay is not fair ,at least on my case ,
Thanks again for you reply .
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@electronicifycanada wrote:

If it's a $200 item and a customer puts a return request for any reason, just buy a prepaid return label and wait for them to send it back. Nothing they say matters after you provide that label. Their option is to send it back or close the return request. 

This is why eBay found in their favor, because you didn't provide the return label.

What do you do if buyer sends back "a" item (empty package, brick etc) but not the actual item. Guess you just have to accept what/who you are dealing with and cut your losses.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Because you want your $200 stamps back in the same condition you sent it.

Annoy the customer and you will have neither.

This is business not personal.

There are costs to doing business, and not just eBay and Paypal fees. 

EBay does not offer an opinion on whether the stamp (or phone or sewing pattern or diamond) is as described.

If the buyer returns it, the seller refunds.

And if the buyer says it is Not As Described, the seller pays for return shipping.

You may also want to add a screenshot of that threat to give negative feedback and contact Customer Service. Don't get into the NAD dispute, although you can ask her to consult it, but do make sure she sees that attempt at Feedback Extortion.

That alone could win the case for you.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Yes that’s awful experience. But in this situation the best you can do to not lose everything is what femmefan said.
I read several times on this forum about people selling clearly “damaged” items and then buyer opens Not as described case saying it’s damaged he wins. It’s sad but true.... and I always assume that my buyers will open a similar case if they change their mind about the item and that I might lose money on return 😞
You are for sure better selling on a local website !
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Yes it is true .so I decided already ,will never list anything on eBay again .
Message 9 of 9
latest reply