Allowing only bids and buyers from contiguous US states (excluding Alaska and Hawaii)

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to avoid shipping to addresses in Alaska and Hawaii due to the hiked up shipping fees to these two states. The only restriction seems to be applied via countries but I certainly do not want to overlook the whole US market just to avoid these two states. I have chatted with the eBay CS team earlier but couldn't get a helpful answer. Has any Canadian eBay seller encountered similar issue or know a solution/workaround for this ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Allowing only bids and buyers from contiguous US states (excluding Alaska and Hawaii)

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@chamik-cg6gey wrote:

... Actually, I don't have a SBS card. I've used Canada Post before only through the counter, dropping the parcel and paid at their outlet. Is there a constraint to sign up for a SBS on Canada Post ?

SfSB (Solutions for Small Business) is free. You must have a valid physical postal address in Canada and an email address -- that's the only requirements as far as I know.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/business/small-business.page

Discounts at the base level 1 (under $2500 in annual shipping purchased, PayPal and Shippo labels do count towards the total) are fairly small. To see what the base SfSB level 1 discount is when using the calculator

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Click on Show minimum online savings on the 2nd page.

-..-

Thanks, looks like it's something useful to signing up for anyways, without any down side. I was under the impression that this is limited to specific registered commercial entities but it seems to be accessible even by individuals.

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Re: Allowing only bids and buyers from contiguous US states (excluding Alaska and Hawaii)

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Hi tyler@ebay  It doesn’t matter where you are registered, anyone can exclude Alaska and Hawaii but only if the listing originates on .com.  As far as I know shipping preferences don’t carry over between sites.

Looks like there is simply no way to exclude Alaska and Hawaii if the listing was created on eBay.ca. Although I marked this as the solution, I find the discussion and feedbacks about the different shipping rates and options very helpful and have voted them as such. Many thanks to all on this thread who have offered their help.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply