Bidding Price

Hi I'm a new seller so I'm sorry if someone already asked this question. When the bid ends do I have to sell to the winning bid? Because I don't want to sell a 200 dollar product for 5 bucks. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Bidding Price

"When the bid ends do I have to sell to the winning bid?"

YES.

"Because I don't want to sell a 200 dollar product for 5 bucks. "

Them start the bidding at $200.

I most strongly suggest you gain some eBay experience by buying several items on eBay before attempting to sell "stuff" here.  Selling on eBay is not as easy as it sounds.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Bidding Price

By the way, your listings state:

Ships to:Canada

Although you show shipping charge to the USA, your listing will NOT appear on eBay.com (USA) the largest market in the world because the listings do not state "shipping to USA".

Since your listings are at fixed price, your original question about auction closing price is irrelevant.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Bidding Price

Thanks a lot I'm a new seller I'm still learning a lot.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Bidding Price

Advice?

More information about the product, less about shipping.

Keep the product information separate from the shipping info.

White space is your friend, especially with so many people shopping on mobile phones.

You have allowed worldwide shipping. Until you get some experience, restrict your selling to Canada and the USA.

You say:

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.... If There Are Any Problems Please Contact Us As We Value Customer Service.... PLEASE CONTACT me with any questions regarding the auction(s) you are interested in.

Any one of these would be enough. The first sounds most professional to me.

Here is my re-write of your listing:

AUTHENTIC Carmen Steffens Leather Pump
Size 13W (you said all sizes , right? So you have pairs in stock for the all-important drag queen market.)
Black leather with red 4" stiletto heel and red sole.
Retail 350US Selling for 75US.
These are NEW IN THE ORIGINAL BOX, UNWORN, NO FLAWS.
MADE IN BRAZIL

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions

Each listing should be for a specific pair of shoes, although you can use a stock photo. And that size should be in the title, since that is an important Search.
You have 50 Free Auctions each month, you can afford to make multiple listings.
The width of the shoe is as important as the size. I wear a 7.5 W. Do you have that in stock ? You said 'all sizes".
If you use a stock photo, it is useful to use one of those 12 free photos to show that you have them in stock. Perhaps a shot on your dining room table of  a dozen boxes with one paid open and on display? A neutral but personal background that is obviouslly not a catalog photo.
Did you notice that the shipping info has disappeared? It is all on the Shipping and Handling tab and unnecessary in the listing.

And lose the exclamation marks. They are not professional.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Bidding Price

Wow thanks a lot seems like you know a lot. I read what you said and it make total sense to me before I go I'm just wonder if you can answer one question. My listing says U.S 75.00 Shipping U.S16.00 so at the payout does it add the 16.00 US dollars?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Bidding Price

The shipping charge of US$16.00 will be added at checkout if the buyer resides in Canada.

If not, no shipping charge will be added since your listings do not specify a shipping charge other than within Canada.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Bidding Price

Femmefan has given you some excellent advice although I would not do a separate listing for each size as I find it irritating wading through almost identical listings. You should however, be using multi quantity listings so the buyer can see exactly which sizes you do have and whether it is in stock.Then they can purchase that size without contacting you first. I would set them up as 'good till cancelled' listings which means they will automatically renew every 30 days. If someone specifies a size and you have it listed that way, it should show up in search. Also, each time someone purchases from that listing, ebay sees the item as more 'desirable' and tends to shows the listing more often in search which can result in more sales.

You can also make better use of your titles so that they are more searchable. For example, instead of 'Authentic Carmen Steffens Stiletto' you could use something like 'Carmen Steffens Stiletto Black Leather Pump Red Sole 4" Heel Made in Brazil'  I don't have all the info so my title may not be 100% accurate..you would have the correct information in yours. If they are really made in Brazil I think that it is a good idea to mention that as that may be important to some.

In the description it isn't necessary for you to list the shipping cost as that should already be set up properly in the shipping section.

Last but not least :)....Make sure that these are absolutely positively authentic shoes otherwise it is not legal to sell them.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Bidding Price

Hello again -- I've been reading your posts on this board concerning starting to sell, and I have to say that your questions themselves tell me that the very best way for you to start selling is to start buying first and get a couple of dozen transactions under your belt before you jump into selling. 

Buying is easy on eBay, but selling is a lot more complex and challenging than eBay makes it sound.  You don't need to buy anything expensive, but buy several items from different Canadian sellers (and a few from the US) to get some understanding of how the process works before you try selling.  The other issue is that buyers are reluctant to purchase from a seller with "0" feedback, or even less than 10 feedback. 

Once you set yourself up as a seller, you'll find you're suddenly "in the hot seat", and that you're fully responsible to every person who buys anything from you to ensure that the item is well priced, shipping is reasonable, the item gets to the buyer quickly (that is, quickly in their opinion, not yours), that the item is as described and that they are 100% satisfied. 

It's much better to be on the "observing" end of the process for a while as a buyer and learn what other sellers do for their buyers, than to make mistakes starting cold as a seller and end up being punished by eBay.

This advice (to buy for a while before selling) was offered by several experienced sellers, and it's still the best #1 tip for a new seller.

Once you do start selling, re-read 'pierre's',  'femmefan's"and 'pj's' suggestions in this discussion (or better still, print them out and keep it).  You might also want to read my post #3 in this discussion -- more or less the same advice:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Question-about-the-price-of-item-I-m-selling/m-p/188327#U...

Have fun buying for a while, read and understand as much of eBay's seller policies as you can absorb, and then try your hand at selling.  I think you'll be much more successful and much less frustrated and stressed by doing things that way.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply