Canada Post Service

From time to time Canada Post comes true with really outstanding service.

I sent a small parcel from Belleville ON to Dartmouth NS on Monday afternoon

It was dropped at the local postal station at 14:36 (estimated delivery according to CP standards Monday August 26th).

From Belleville ON, it goes to the huge Mississauga sorting plant, then to Dieppe NB, then Halifax NS, then to Dartmouth NS for final delivery to the customer - sixty-six hours after being dropped at the postal station.

And that was for regular parcel post service.  Not Priority, not Expedited, just the plain old cheapest parcel service.

Don't we all wish Canada Post could provide this type of efficient and quick service all the time?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Canada Post Service

Was it with postage stamps or a PayPal label? Just curious.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Canada Post Service

$12.61 in postage stamps of course.  I never use PayPal postage.  I sell to stamps collectors and stamp dealers and it would not cross my mind to put a label on the parcel, not to mention that licking stamps is a lot cheaper since my cost averages 35% below face value..

I can only recall one instance of using postage label instead of postage stamps about ten years ago: a parcel going to Qatar requiring over $170 in postage.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Canada Post Service

An atomic positive!  May be there`s hope for the true image of what should be involved .

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Canada Post Service

Fingers crossed (and touch wood), I have never had a problem with Canada Post, nor do I have anything but praise for their service and delivery performance.  In fact, overall I would say it has been exemplary.  It's unfortunate that prices have had to be increased, but that's reality these days.  

Still, paying only ca. $10 to ship a 400g parcel from here to California and have it there within a week in most cases, is to me something to be very pleased about.  I've seen Expedited Parcel sail through to US recipients in less than 5 business days -- and those parcels have to go from my area in rural Nova Scotia to Halifax and then to Ville St-Laurent (Montreal) before even leaving the country.  That portion of the handling often occurs in under 2 days.

I too recently had a lettermail item (about 300gms in a No.4 bubble envelope for around $3.00 in stamps) get from here to Toronto in under 72 hours.  

I'd just like Canada Post to make no changes.  Things are working fine.   

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Canada Post Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

"I'd just like Canada Post to make no changes..."

I would like to see Canada Post to make changes is to reduce the postage rates so we small sellers can do good business selling lots of our items on eBay!!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Canada Post Service

Amen! I'm a small seller as well and it's brutal once adding in the postage. So much for small sales!
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Canada Post Service

btw anyone notice 

if shipping with Canada post from Mtl to Australia 14cm x 14cm x 3cm .201g cost is around 10$

shipping the same package to Vancouver 13$ ???

hello!!!!

also be aware that the postal guide from Ebay for Canadian domestic postal is way off by at least 6$ per package

Ebay please get the newest guide for shipping domestically

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Canada Post Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

On PayPal Shipping, Expedited across Canada is the most cheapest than Regular Parcel, like $2-5 difference.   Sometimes XpressPost is reasonable, it depends on which city/province.  From Manitoba to Sask or Alberta or East Canada is cheapest for XpressPost than West Canada!  Not make sense but that is Canada Post!

From Manitoba to Manitoba, XpressPost is the best as they never delivered on time and I get full refund each time for a delivery late past the guarantee time!  It is funny because whenever I used XpressPost to New York or Florida, it arrived on time like 2 business days yet Canada Post cannot deliver them time from Manitoba to Manitoba???!!! 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Canada Post Service

us.f634
Community Member

Canada Post was been reliable for my sales (outside of ebay), and as you've found they can be fast. I use tracked shipping and the signature options, and I think that makes the difference -  A christmas card dissapeared in transit with the lower cost non-tracked method.

I've found they were cheaper then the other shippers for larger items, but by no means "cheap". Shipping adds up.

I've shipped large and heavy audio equipment with them. A few years ago, I had to ship two 25kg speakers, packaged. The things were huge. They were 20 or 30mm over the dimensional limits, according to their system. A manager reworked the numbers repeatedly until the system accepted it and had them placed in the vault at the front of the truck.

They went the extra mile.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Canada Post Service

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 11 of 11
latest reply