ChitChats shipping USPS from Canada.

Hoping for some insight. I did a search and didn't come up with any obvious answers. If someone knows where this has been answered already, please provide a link to the page. 

I am in Canada, and I list my sales on eBay.ca. I ship to Canada and the U.S.A. There is a service locally (ChitChats.com) that will ship my items to the U.S.A. via U.S.P.S. Priority Mail and the pricing seems better than shipping on my UPS account. My concern is that when I am listing my sales, since I am in Canada it does not allow me to choose U.S.P.S. as the method of shipping to the U.S.A. If I choose Canada Post, is eBay (or my buyers) going to have a problem when it is actually shipped via U.S.P.S?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@raceguy_97 wrote:
...I am in Canada, and I list my sales on eBay.ca. I ship to Canada and the U.S.A.
My concern is that when I am listing my sales, since I am in Canada it does not allow me to choose U.S.P.S. as the method of shipping to the U.S.A. If I choose Canada Post, is eBay (or my buyers) going to have a problem when it is actually shipped via U.S.P.S?

For ebay.ca use the generic terms and a flat shipping rate for the USA (no calculated). The generic terms will be way down the Services list near the bottom and only show when flat rate is selected for International Shipping.

Or list on ebay.com and use the USPS calculated rates there for domestic (chitchatsexpress has a usa zipcode to use).  It does require shipping to Canada at a flat rate.

You get free listings on both .ca and .com (50 per month on each as a non-store).

Note: chitchats does have a discounted Canada Post flat rate for the provinces. Starts at under $10 for a parcel.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I think that in a case such as this, you’d want to use the generic terms available such as Standard Shipping or Express Shipping, whichever offers a suitable match to your estimated delivery dates by these means.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@raceguy_97 wrote:
...I am in Canada, and I list my sales on eBay.ca. I ship to Canada and the U.S.A.
My concern is that when I am listing my sales, since I am in Canada it does not allow me to choose U.S.P.S. as the method of shipping to the U.S.A. If I choose Canada Post, is eBay (or my buyers) going to have a problem when it is actually shipped via U.S.P.S?

For ebay.ca use the generic terms and a flat shipping rate for the USA (no calculated). The generic terms will be way down the Services list near the bottom and only show when flat rate is selected for International Shipping.

Or list on ebay.com and use the USPS calculated rates there for domestic (chitchatsexpress has a usa zipcode to use).  It does require shipping to Canada at a flat rate.

You get free listings on both .ca and .com (50 per month on each as a non-store).

Note: chitchats does have a discounted Canada Post flat rate for the provinces. Starts at under $10 for a parcel.

-..-

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

"Note: chitchats does have a discounted Canada Post flat rate for the provinces. Starts at under $10 for a parcel."

They DO?! Well, dang it. None near to me. I'll have to look more closely at RunninRed, especially with the potential for a mail delivery disruption in the future. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:

"Note: chitchats does have a discounted Canada Post flat rate for the provinces. Starts at under $10 for a parcel."

They DO?! Well, dang it. None near to me. I'll have to look more closely at RunninRed, especially with the potential for a mail delivery disruption in the future. 

None near me either. unamused

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

ChitChatsExpress has added eBay store sales integration to make buying shipping easier.

https://support.chitchats.com/shipments/integrations/how-can-i-integrate-my-ebay-store

Another shipper I've come across:

CrossBordersPickups has cheaper shipping, but only has Mississauga and Markham locations.

https://www.crossborderpickups.ca/locations/

And, if you are buying from the states, CBP will take your packages across the border into Canada (allowing you to make purchases from Americans who don't ship outside the USA).

-..-

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Has anyone used CrossBorderExpress in Niagara Falls?
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

If you use Canada Post Expedited, when it hit the States it gets shipped Priority Post and USPS is right on the Canada Post label  - and it's tracked with the same tracking numbers in both Countries.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Useful to know-- but the rest of the thread is from 2018 and before the rotating strikes.

I gather prices for chitchat's Canadian service have gone up too.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 10
latest reply