I keep getting a photo error when trying to either relist or sell similar, not complying policy?

Every time i am trying to relist or sell similar, i keep getting a photo message and it's not allowing me to relist? Theis is the message I get "Some of your photos do not comply with our policy."

The PNG image is 298x296, 182kb...why isn't it letting me repost? really frustrating!!

Geoff

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I keep getting a photo error when trying to either relist or sell similar, not complying policy?

The problem is simple.

eBay unfortunately assumes (we all know the meaning of the word) that images are taken with a digital camera and uploaded to their system.  eBay does not realize nor understand that postage stamps are generally not photographed with a camera but scanned with a scanner where resolution measurements are different.

The only workable solution is to increase the size of your images by 100% or 200% to satisfy their new requirements.

I have been through the same problem where scanned postage stamps give a very clear image but do not meet their digital camera based requirements and eBay's computers refused to list or relist those listings. 

Just another example of stupidity at times.  Some guy or gal with a MBA on the wall in San Jose trying to make everyone fit the same cookie cutters.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Images have to be at least 500 pixels on one side

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

"Images have to be at least 500 pixels on one side"

That is correct and, I guess necessary, when dealing with images coming from a digital camera.

However, when dealing with small stuff like postage stamps where the image is capture by a scanner, not a camera, 200 or 300 pixels on any side give a clear picture that cannot really be improved by having 500+ pixels.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply