Turbo LIster Now Gone

For those who used the tool, last night got the message it no longer works.  No surprise as Ebay has been telling us for years that the tool will come to an end. Seller hub is not a good replacement and Six bit is a big learning curve.  Wish someone would have bought Turbo Lister as I would pay to continue to use it.......but that is a pipe dream.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Turbo LIster Now Gone

GONE, but not yet forgotten...

eBay has already made it known that:

" ....Turbo Lister will remain on your computer, and Turbo Lister won't be able to upload or download from eBay..."

TL can still be used to store listings, create new listings for a later copy & paste. All that data and info remains for as long as TL remains on your computer....

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Turbo LIster Now Gone

Should I remove Turbo Lister from my computer? It takes up a lot of space.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Turbo LIster Now Gone

that will depend on how much you value the information/data that is contained within, and/or how much you really need/want TL to remain on your computer.

For myself, I will be deleting as many of the listings that are no longer needed, from TL and then the rest can just sit there until I decide whether or not keeping TL on my computer is worth while, as I do have all my listings on another venue...

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Turbo LIster Now Gone

Sixbit is a poor tl replacement. 

It can't import just items ended without sales in the last 24 hours. It sometimes gets the pics when importing from tl and sometimes does not. You can't chose the economy shipping option for eBay.ca domestic shipping . You have to set up separate databases for .ca and .com listings so you are forever switching between them. To put it on 2 computers you have to have one as a client of the other. And those are just a few of the issues I found in trying to use it for day or or so. I quit trying for now.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Turbo LIster Now Gone

Have never looked at SixBit as have no intention of using any replacement>will have no need for TL or any replacement when I exit eBay (whenever that time comes when I can no longer list on eBay due to my not accepting the "value" of MP on this site where I sell very little anymore.)

I no longer have much need nor desire to continue selling on eBay, so being here will soon become a distant memory...

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Turbo LIster Now Gone

From time to time, Turbo Lister asks you to re activate Turbo Lister with your user id. If this step is out dated you will no longer be able to use your desktop TL program.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Turbo LIster Now Gone

mcdee3
Community Member

Tis sucks.. years of turbo lister use gone..no real warning at the time it happened..so much for 2 days work creating listings

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Turbo LIster Now Gone

3 years of warning wasn't enough?

and the fact eBay announced TL would be gone in July??

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Turbo LIster Now Gone

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Turbo LIster Now Gone

"3 years of warning wasn't enough?"

No because we were told tl's features would be Incorporated into seller hub. We kept using it as we waited for this to be done.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Turbo LIster Now Gone

As a user of Seller Hub, hoped for but never relied on eBay to follow through on their idea that "tl's features would be Incorporated into seller hub."

As a long time eBay seller who has learned not to trust eBay's word, I never fell into that waiting game...for me it was I'll believe it when I see it...

I felt compelled to do what "I" needed to do, as my confidence in and trust in eBay fell by the wayside a long time ago...

Message 12 of 12
latest reply