XML Document Must Have a Top Level Element

I recently had to download TL (mu old one crashed). When I try to do a bulk edit, I am getting this response "XML Document Must Have a Top Level Element" and I can't do a bulk edit. Does anyone know what this means and how I fix it?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It is a current tl bug...they have not fixed it yet.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It only happens for international bulk edits.

If you install the version from .com on one computer and the version from .ca on another the first will work for .com listings and the second for .ca listings.

I found this solution as eBay advised that there was no current work around.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I've got it installed om 3 computers,,2 from .com,,1 from .ca,,,,none work,,still get "XML Document Must Have a Top Level Element" error,,,just another E-Bay screw up

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi Turbo Lister Users,

The XML error when bulk editing listings has been corrected in the most recent Beta version of the program.

When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are they fully supported. Everyone is welcome to join the Beta Program, but experienced users will benefit most from using Turbo Lister beta software.

To correct this issue, you will want to opt into the Beta version of the program. To opt into the Beta version of Turbo Lister, click Tools > Options, then expand Advanced Options, and click on Program Updates. Click Join the Beta Program, agree to the Beta terms and then click Join.  After you click Apply and then OK the program will restart and you will then need to Check for program updates.  We advise that you create a backup file before running the updates.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Regards,

Draex

eBay Turbo Lister Support

Message 5 of 5
latest reply