2016 Spring Seller Update

Hello Canadian sellers,

This is the thread reserved for discussion around the 2016 Spring Seller Update announced today.

Read about the Update here:

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/sprupd16/index.html

Message 1 of 220
latest reply
219 REPLIES 219

Hi

I have never heard this expression before, could you explain

Thanks

Message 21 of 220
latest reply

With the switch to listing in Can funds they give you 50,000 free listings but hey wait the new tool to help convert the listings will not be available for months.For the sellers that listed in Canadian before the announcement this is great as they have all that time to list for free.But wait you poor slobs who are affected by this your listings are no good unless you work like a mad man to convert your listings.Now with the spring!! update free coupon for shipping supplies but hey wait it's not set up yet.

Message 22 of 220
latest reply

@x..e wrote:

@recyclemikey wrote:

I think that my favorite part about this is that sellers can once again leave negative feedback for bad buyers.

That is a great move by ebay and I'm glad to see it return

I did not see that. Could you give a link to where it is please?

Alex

Ignore as it is garbage

Message 23 of 220
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

@x..e wrote:

@recyclemikey wrote:

I think that my favorite part about this is that sellers can once again leave negative feedback for bad buyers.

Alex

Ignore as it is garbage

Why is it garbage? Did the poster lie?

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 24 of 220
latest reply

@x..e wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

Hello Canadian sellers,

This is the thread reserved for discussion around the 2016 Spring Seller Update announced today.

Read about the Update here:

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/sprupd16/index.html

Hello, Raphael.

If I understand this page correctly, eBay is going to make it so sellers can only put 250 characters in their description? Does this mean I cannot place any images in my descriptions any more?

Thanks.

Alex

Hi Alex,

What we are going to do is pull a 250 words summary from your description and use that to show buyers who shop on mobile channels. If there are parts of your description text that you want to ensure makes it into eBay's summary, you'll be able to use special HTML coding to identify it. You can still put images and basic HTML styles in your description but those will not be included in eBay's summary.

Message 25 of 220
latest reply

@x..e wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

@x..e wrote:

@recyclemikey wrote:

Alex

Ignore as it is garbage

Alex

YES

Message 26 of 220
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"will have to obtain them from the same (US) place as US sellers"

I get that.  Will Canadians sellers have to pay import charges and brokerage fees in addition to the price paid by Americans?

Will eBay absorb the additional shipping costs to ship to Canadians?

Unfortunately for now import costs and shipping will be the burden of the Canadian seller.

EDIT: Just to clarify: part of teh deal on eBay.com is that US sellers get free shipping on those supplies. Canadians get the same value paid for by eBay for shipping but have to pay for the extra cost for shipping to Canada.

Again this will be this way only until we can set up a Canadian program.

Message 27 of 220
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@pierrelebel wrote:

"once we're able to set something up"

Am I understand correctly that while American sellers will have access to this special pricing on quality shipping supplies this month, it will not be available to Canadians for some time?

"Later this month, sellers will be able to conveniently purchase affordable eBay-branded shipping supplies on eBay with quick handling time and free shipping. Premium-quality boxes, envelopes and tape are available at very competitive prices, providing you with one-stop shopping convenience for all your packaging needs. eBay-branded shipping supplies are eco-friendly, too."

"North American registered Store subscribers will also receive a coupon for eBay-branded shipping supplies "

Canadian sellers also get a coupon for eBay shipping supplies, but will have to obtain them from the same (US) place as US sellers until we are able to set up a similar program in Canada.

As I said earlier, this is a feature that was added quickly before the announcement and we preferred being able to offer something rather than nothing immediately.

So ordering from the US and having them shipped to Canada ia a benefit How?

It's better than paying the same as US sellers for a store subscription but getting nothing at all.

Clearly this isn't ideal, we know that. But as I stated above, this was added very quickly and the current, interim solution is the best we can do until we establish a proper Canadian program.

Message 28 of 220
latest reply

The expression came from the tv industry--the tv show Happy Days near the end of that show they had an episode where a character jumped a shark while water skiing,corny stupid episode that marked the end of the series,and from then on ''jumping the shark'' came to mean things are close to the end.

Message 29 of 220
latest reply

@newfoundland_store wrote:

The expression came from the tv industry--the tv show Happy Days near the end of that show they had an episode where a character jumped a shark while water skiing,corny stupid episode that marked the end of the series,and from then on ''jumping the shark'' came to mean things are close to the end.

I remember that now.

Thanks for reminding me I am getting olderSmiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 220
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

@x..e wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

@x..e wrote:

@recyclemikey wrote:

Alex

Ignore as it is garbage

Alex

YES

Wow, thanks for telling me. I was pretty excited about being able to leave neg feedback for buyers...well, maybe it will come back sometime. *sigh*

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 31 of 220
latest reply

Alex, I think eBay has this scheduled for shortly after pigs start flying.
Message 32 of 220
latest reply

You probably are right...it will never come back. There is always a possibility that is 50 years it will though... Smiley LOL

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 33 of 220
latest reply

@x..e wrote:

You probably are right...it will never come back. There is always a possibility that is 50 years it will though... Smiley LOL

Alex

That will only happen when ebay stops having Amazon envy and starts a parallel eBay site called eBay Classic.

It would be nice to see the Canada Moose and Canada Beaver again on an eBay.ca Canada Classic site. They were corny to see but so Canadian which made the site special.

bookMoose_65x68.gif

LittleBeaver.gif

Message 34 of 220
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@x..e wrote:

Alex

That will only happen when ebay stops having Amazon envy and starts a parallel eBay site called eBay Classic.

It would be nice to see the Canada Moose and Canada Beaver again on an eBay.ca Canada Classic site. They were corny to see but so Canadian which made the site special.

bookMoose_65x68.gif

LittleBeaver.gif

What are the beaver and moose?

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 35 of 220
latest reply

Yeah.. more fixed listings would have been more beneficial 😞

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 36 of 220
latest reply

xeposter
Community Member

@lizzier-ca wrote:
Moved: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Feedback-for-buyers/m-p/333056#U333056

Lizzier-ca,

Why did you try to move this post???

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 37 of 220
latest reply

@x..e wrote:

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@x..e wrote:

Alex

bookMoose_65x68.gif

LittleBeaver.gif

What are the beaver and moose?

Alex

The moose's name was Baywinkle and was the eBay Canada mascot. He had a few different versions, or outfits, such as Hockey Baywinkle, Ski Baywinkle, Girl Baywinkle and sunbathing Baywinkle as seen above. We even had a Baywinkle mascot suit which I got to wear once. Lots of fun but it was really hot to wear! The beaver (not sure if he had a name) was also an eBay Canada character that was seen around the site. There were others, like Puckman and a few others.

All those went away when eBay rebranded and changed logos a few years ago.

Message 38 of 220
latest reply

yes amazon envy is a good way to describe the way ebay is going.Ebay also seems to have found a new revenue stream,they are forcing sellers to store subscriptions then increase the membership fees quarterly with every new update.with the final value fees and the fees on shipping they they are afraid to increase these so the store fees-increases is the next way to increase revenue with very little required on there end.

Message 39 of 220
latest reply

I believe you mean to reply to this post?

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 40 of 220
latest reply