paypal and ebay parting ways is our information that we gave to paypal safe?

now that ebay is parting ways with paypal is the info we gave out to paypal safe?   and what methods are we going to be accepting as payment,  Im not good with giving out my bank info to everyone out there!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@p.minhinnick wrote:

now that ebay is parting ways with paypal is the info we gave out to paypal safe?   and what methods are we going to be accepting as payment,  Im not good with giving out my bank info to everyone out there!

as safe as the info you gave eBay.

This "split" is going to take the better part of a year to happen.

And the fine print seems to indicate that "new" eBay company will have a controlling interest in the "new" paypal company.  So don't expect much in the way of real changes.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@p.minhinnick wrote:

as safe as the info you gave eBay.

This "split" is going to take the better part of a year to happen.

And the fine print seems to indicate that "new" eBay company will have a controlling interest in the "new" paypal company.  So don't expect much in the way of real changes.

That's too bad. I was hoping eBay would divest itself of PayPal altogether. I refuse to have any dealings with PayPal now. They're liars and crooks. They tell you that you have to build up a good record. That's a lie, for two reasons. I had a perfect record, for several years, as a buyer. Then when I became a seller that counted for nothing. Then, even after I jumped through all their hoops, they still kept holding my money back for 30 days- another thing they lie about. They tell you that when you pass the $250 threshold, they knock it off. They don't. They also tell you that your funds are "available". That's another lie. They're not "available" at all, unless you want to buy something. "Available" means "available to YOU", not to PayPal. Getting your own money into your own bank account involves another series of lies. They hold on to your money for a week, and lie again that it's going to be 3-5 days. This, as I found out by contacting them, is a lie. When you contact them they'll tell you straight out (otherwise they'd be caught lying, and you could take them to court) that it's seven days. Then they lie again, saying they have to "ask permission", and that there's some sort of back-and-forth between PayPal and your banking institution. That's another lie. How do I know this is a lie? Because when people send me money directly, via PayPal, through my e-mail address, it magically appears in my bank account. I called my bank as well, and they told me that the PayPal thing is pre-approved. It doesn't require ANY "asking for permission". It's a simple wire transfer. In other words, push a button, it's done.

It's no wonder eBays fortunes are going down the toilet, and now that I'm a seller myself, I understand why Amazon will have nothing to do with PayPal.

If eBay had any sense, they'd flush PayPal straight down the toilet, along with every other form of turds.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

For Canadian sellers that don't have selling experience, Paypal generally does hold funds for 21 days. It's fairly well explained in the customer support section.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/payment_hold.html#avoid

You should have a look at the shipping options on your listings. Each listing has the same shipping price whether you are shipping within Canada or to anywhere else in the world.  That could cause you some major problems.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply