Can I view the SOLD prices of comics not listed by me?

dakne3
Community Member

New to eBay so still finding my way around. I have a large number of comics that I'll be posting. I want to make sure I price them properly, so want to see what the ask/sold prices are (and ideally how long they took to sell. Also, is there a list of unsold?

Any help is appreciated. (I'm in Newfoundland, Canada)

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

jak340
Community Member

Go to ebay,type in comics. On the left side of the page scroll down till you see a completed listings box. Click the box and see the info you are after.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

jak340
Community Member

There is also a sold listings box,scroll down left side.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

In addition to the very sound advice you've already been given, I am going to suggest that you do some buying on ebay before you try selling on ebay.

This serves two purposes: It gives you an idea of how things work around here as a buyer, the do's and don'ts. And, just as importantly, it doesn't identify you as a rookie when you have a solid feedback score. New sellers are a magnet for certain unethical types that may be lurking in the shadows in hopes of stealing a great deal from an unsuspecting newbie. 

If you are already a buyer and created a new account for the purposes of selling, consider using your existing buyer ID to sell and instead use the new one to make purchases, if it is important for you to keep them separated. I was a buyer of between six and seven years with a feedback score of 177 before I listed my first item to sell, and I still think I was in hindsight exploited by certain savvier buyers. Plus, I made all kinds of boneheaded mistakes borne of simply not knowing any better. Shipping mistakes. Like using the wrong, untracked service that takes months to deliver instead of weeks. That is a big big no-no.

At first, you will want to limit your sales to Canada and maybe the USA. Sellers are supposed to have a feedback score of 10 Detailed Seller Rating (DSRs) before opening their listings to international buyers. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Oh, and use Calculated Shipping within Canada. There are folks who will be turned off by the $20 flat rate.

Also, roll-out your listings strategically to best use your Seller Limits on item numbers and value. Those gradually increase with demonstrated good service BUT if you have items 'bought but left unpaid' which then go to Unpaid Item, it will eat into your Selling Limits without you seeing any benefit whatsoever. An unpaid item still counts toward your Selling Limit.

For that reason, I'd suggest you add Immediate Payment Required to your listings.

What Buyer Requirements to do you have set? Any blocks? 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

While we are giving unsolicited advice

Remember that many of your customers will be browsing and shopping on their phones.

It is best to List on a desktop/laptop, but then take a look at the listing on your phone.

It will look very different.

Revising is easy.

And I notice that on The Complete Frank Miller Batman you don't have shipping listed.

Again, partly for those phone buyers and mostly because your demographic is into immediate gratification, set up Calculated Shipping for your items.

You will need a tape measure and a digital scale. (I got mine at Canadian Tire , Starfrit kitchen scale, cost less than $20).

You already know that you can print out Paypal shipping labels even if your customer's payment is being Held, right? And that you get discounts of 5% to 18% on many services when you do? Good.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply