I want to open a store where I could post 150 items , it is not working

I tried to open an ebay store , where I could post more than 10 items , so I chose the , 150 items for a monthly fee of 19.95 per month for my first trial at ebay , after doing so , I went to post more of my items , but a message came and said you have reach the maximum of 10 items for this month . So now I am being charged for a monthly fee of 19.95 for he same 10 items I had posted for free  some days ago. My question is how do we get to have an ebay store where we can post more than 10 items a month , because I believe that more variety can be great for a business to grow , specially at ebay where many have millions of items to sell , how can a person with 10 items sell anything like that ?

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think that if you are new they have a limit on you. Which means you can only sell 10 items per month and they probably have a dollar limit on you as well (something like $1000). 

I would call them and try to get my money back. You need to establish yourself first and get your limits up higher first. I could be wrong though.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I think that if you are new they have a limit on you. Which means you can only sell 10 items per month and they probably have a dollar limit on you as well (something like $1000). 

I would call them and try to get my money back. You need to establish yourself first and get your limits up higher first. I could be wrong though.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@mirandamir2015 wrote:

I tried to open an ebay store where I could post more than 10 items, so I chose the 150 items for a monthly fee of 19.95 per month for my first trial at ebay, after doing so, I went to post more of my items, but a message came and said you have reach the maximum of 10 items for this month . So now I am being charged for a monthly fee of 19.95 for he same 10 items I had posted for free some days ago.

You confusing the number of FREE listings a store can have per month with the number of listings eBay allows you to actually make. The two numbers have nothing to do with each other.

You might want to close your store until eBay raises your limit on the number of items you can have for sale at one time.

Search help for Selling Limits

• You're eligible for your first limit increase after you have 45 days of selling history. This demonstrates that you're creating positive experiences for your buyers.
  • Limits can only be increased once every 30 days. You can request a selling limit increase from your Seller Dashboard.
  • If your account isn't up to eBay Seller Performance standards, you won't be eligible for a selling limit increase.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Part of the reason for the restriction is protection-- both for your buyers and for you.

Are you aware that your buyers' cleared payments will be held by Paypal for 21 days against your good performance?

Did you know that you can access that money to print PP shipping labels, which have a discount of 5% to 17% off PO counter prices?

You can also use this learning time to improve your titles. You have 80 free keystrokes and this is your best advertising.

The colour and the size of the shoes should be in the title. The style (stiletto, mary jane, pump, oxford) should also be in the title. The leather purse ad is much better. but has no indication of the size. Will it hold my lunch, a paper back, my organizer, a pair of sunglasses, makeup kit, and socks because my feet get cold? Or two credit cards and a breath mint?

Are you aware that if you take PP you will be forced to make refunds? All No Refunds does is make good customers backbutton away.

And No Returns means that PP and eBay can take you at your word and not make an unhappy buyer return the unwanted shoes or purse but hand back the original payment.

The best returns policy is "Return within 7 days in original condition for full refund." or something to that effect.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you foodie62, I will call them , but wonder if it is this way for everyone , or has anyone ever just opened a store without this waiting to sell 10 items a month and for how long is this procedure , that I find very hard since the more you offer the more potential sales you do .
Message 5 of 5
latest reply