Buyer opened a case almost 3 moths after purchasing an item

I've sold an item on Nov. 19th, 2016, shipped on Nov. 21st, 2016 and it was supposed to arrive within 5 - 7 business days. The buyer never contacted me and today Feb. 9th, 2017 opened a case because the item never arrived.

Is there any time limit to open a case like this ?

Please let me know what you think.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Was it a PayPal case or an eBay case?  Not that it matters from your perspective, you have to answer an opened case no matter where it originates.  

Did you mail the item with tracking?  If yes, does it show "delivered"?  If so, enter the tracking number into the claim to prove the item was delivered to the buyer and that should close the claim in your favor.  

If you did not mail with tracking, you may as well refund after all this time because if you don't, the case will be closed in the buyer's favor, they get their money and you get a DEFECT for an unresolved case.  

After you refund you can add the person to your BLOCKED BIDDER list.  It won't help much but might make you feel better for a second or two, 

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html#block

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

There are time limits to open item not received cases. With ebay the buyer has up to 30 days after the last or latest estimated arrival date on his/her purchase order to file an ebay claim. With a PayPal funded ebay purchase a buyer has up to 180 days from actual payment date to file a claim for an item not received through PayPal. If you are unable to provide delivery confirmation from a "tracked" postal method you will be required to refund the buyer. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Most of your items are bulky enough that you would be shipping with Parcel Rates of some sort or another.

And those do have bar codes and are tracked.

If you don't keep a specific note of the tracking numbers, you can find them in your Paypal account from when you printed off the labels. (You know that you get a discount from PO counter rates for most parcel shipping labels, right?)

If you buy them at the PO, you get the tracking number on the receipt, even if you used your own stamps.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for you answer, but on this case, because it's a small amount I don't use to send by Trackable Service.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If it was more than 2cm thick or 500 grams, then you did use a trackable Parcel service.
If it was thinner or lighter, you didn't.
The value has little or nothing to do with tracking for Canada Post.
A valuable thin small item can be Registered, but that is for eBay purposes useless. (and expensive $17.50 internationally).
Message 6 of 6
latest reply