Why have I not received the free insertion promotions the last 2 times.And my friends have.

Why have I not received the free insertion promotions the last 2 times.And my friends have.I used to get additional free insertions every month .Perhaps 500,sometimes 1000 or more.I only get the 50 free now and wonder what the problem is.I keep getting E,mails from EBAY to buy things,buy buy buy. But I need to sell to make money to BUY BUY BUY. When we get free inserts,we sell more and ebay makes more money.SO what is the problem????

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Why have I not received the free insertion promotions the last 2 times.And my friends have.

Ebay Canada has said that they are targeting the promos now more than before. 

CAD promos were being given away left, right, and centre after the switch was announced but now that's over.

Many of us feel as you do. http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Finally-a-Promo-500-free/m-p/364449#M75215

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@bert1630 wrote:

... I only get the 50 free now ...

You get 50 free on eBay.CA and 50 free on eBay.COM for 100 per month.

The items I see that you currently have listed are also a good fit for eBay.COM -- where shipping is a flat rate (for Canadian sellers who ship from Canada).

If you list on eBay.COM set up PayPal to have Canadian$ and US$ as active currencies (click details link next to PayPal Balance section title, then select Manage currencies to add another currency).

Shipping choices when listing on eBay.COM:

To the USA
  Economy Shipping from outside US
  Standard Shipping from outside US
 Expedited Shipping from outside US

Outside the USA, to the rest of the world (including Canada)
All flat rate, no calculated, countries are selectable.
  Economy Int'l Shipping
  Standard Int'l Shipping
  Expedited Int'l Shipping

-..-

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The purpose of promotions is to benefit eBay.

If eBay does not need more listings in your selling categories, you will not get promotions.

And basically, any sales or promotions should be treated only as a pleasant surprise.

If we can't make money at full cost, including allowing something for occasional mishaps, then it is time to rethink the Business Plan.

I noticed that the promotions I got this month were on IDs where sales were off, mostly because I went on vacation for 10 days.

And I agree with Dennis.

Your sports cards are perfect for dotCOM and for Free Shipping.

DON'T PANIC!

Free Shipping just means adding the cost of shipping (about $1.20 Letter Rate to the USA?) to your asking price.

Which is cheaper ?

A $5 card with $2 shipping

A $7card with Free Shipping.

or even a $5USD card with Free Shipping.

(You give the Canada rate on dotCOM as $0.00 to offer Free Shipping to both countries.)

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

There is a promo on eBay dotCOM right now targeting sellers who do NOT have Stores.

And the Store owners are whinging.

It's for 500 free listings, and I suspect it is meant to encourage dabblers to move to a Store and pay the monthly rent in exchange for more than 50 "Free" listings.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply