strange message from eBay re selling an item

I just had a buyer reneg on a Cdn$500 purchase because her account was allegedly hacked. The product was deemed SOLD and removed from listing. I must now re-list it. eBay recommended that I re-list using "Immediate Payment" which requires that I upgrade to a Business Account so I did.

Now I am getting this message from eBay:

"This listing would cause you to exceed the amount you can list. You can list up to $4.70 more in total sales this month. Please consider reducing the starting price or request to list more."

I've requested to list more and provided my bank information as requested - I am supposed to receive two tiny bank deposits.

What happens next?

Thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You have fallen into the New Seller quicksand.

There are New Seller Selling Limits on your ebay account which get used up even when a Sold item goes to Unpaid or does not result in actual payment.

You are well-advised to require Immediate Payment for items such as this but you are now stuck waiting until NEXT MONTH to relist because of the failed sale which ate into your available limit.

It happened to me when I was a new seller too. No amount of pleading with ebay Customer Service could change that.

There is good reason for the New Seller Limits but you have become collateral damage with this transaction.

Read more about Selling Limits here:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/sellinglimits.html

Oh, and add that buyer to your Blocked Bidder list so she/he cannot do this to you again.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The other question in my mind is: Is the new seller required to wait until Next Month (May is only 14 days away)? Or does she have to wait a full 30 days?

Had we but world enough and time....

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I recall that the Seller Limits were reset on the first of the month, every month. But I could be wrong, or it could have been changed since limits applied to me.

Assuming it's regular selling limits and not the special 'designer brand name limits' being applied here. The $500-item was a Gucci purse. I don't know anything about the latter.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply