Selling limited

luxpro001
Community Member

I have register my account as a "business account" and I found business account doesn't apply " selling limit clause". However I saw my account has limited $1000 with 12 items by month and I got message once I reach the limited. Please reply the reason. Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Selling limited

Because of eBay/Paypal's Buyer Protection Policy.

Nothing personal.

Sellers who have limited experience, low feedback scores, and no Detailed Seller Ratings have limits on the value and number of  items they can list and sell. This means if the newbie is incompetent or crooked, damage to buyers (and to eBay's reputation and pocketbook) are limited.

When you do sell an item, your buyer's cleared payment will be Held by Paypal against your good performance for 21 days. This is true of all new International (ie: non-US) sellers.

This restriction also applies to sellers in high value/high fraud categories like jewellry and electronics, and to sellers with black marks on their selling accounts.

You can, however, use the Held funds to print PP shipping labels as soon as the customer's payment has cleared, which varies from instantly to a week. This is good, because PP labels for some Canada Post services have 55 to 18% discounts off PO counter prices.

But.

Before you try selling, do some buying to learn the buyer experience and to build up your feedback, which is an important measure of trustworthiness. Feedback will also protect you against scammers who prey on naive newbies.

Good luck with your new venture!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Selling limited

By the way-- you have 80 keystrokes free gratis for nothing to advertise you item in your title.

Most Searches use the title to find items.

Your title is Lace Nancy.

Awful.

Try Lace front wig fall shoulder length auburn synthetic free domestic shipping

Grammar is not important in titles. Spelling is very important in titles. (As a professional writer and editor, I hate to admit that.)

Message 3 of 3
latest reply