What makes some of my item shows on the "eBay international sellers" list at the bottom?

arteis
Community Member

Hi,

first I want to point out that this question is about searches done by "Price + shipping lowest first".

Most of my item (posted of Ebay.ca and Ebay.com) show up on the main list but for whatever reason some show up on the bottom list "items found from eBay international sellers". In my opinion there should only be one list when doing search on lowest price, after all the buyer can always add geographic restriction if he doesn't want to buy internationally even when it's cheaper.

I tried to look at the difference between the item that shows on the main list from those who show on the bottom list but I can't see any consistency, neither the categories or the .ca vs .com seems to be the reason.

It's not fair for the buyer where the cheaper option may be way down on the bottom on the list even though they choose "price + shipping lowest first". Its borderline lying.

Thanks for reading,

Keven Noel

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

What makes some of my item shows on the "eBay international sellers" list at the bottom?

arteis
Community Member
My problem was even worst than I though as many of my item posted on Ebay.com wasn't showing if the search was made from Ebay.ca.

But I found the way to resolve both problem!

I've switch my shipping service offered to Canadian buyer from "standard international" to "USPS Priority Mail International" even though, being a Canadian, I'm using "Canada Post Regular Parcel / Canada Post Lettermail". Both have a similar delivery standard.

Sometime you have to "trick" the system to make it work.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Purely guessing here.

Part of the 'cost' of an item is the time between shipping and delivery.

And an unknown cost is possible duty, Sales Taxes, and customs brokerage fees on imported goods.

So an item may appear to cost $17USD with $2,00 USD shipping, but if it comes from Poland by UPS (Lots of 'ifs' in there but bear with me) then there might be 2% added as duty, and 15% as HST and a $25 customs brokerage fee.

(Canada assesses for duty any import valued over $20Cdn , about $16 USD. Postal imports are often ignored by CSDA/Canada Post but not courier brokered imports.)

But as I say, it is guesswork.

My other guess is that it is a legacy from the days when there was only eBay dot COM and the American site designers have never felt it necessary to change it.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply