Why buyer is asking for an invoice and providing another email to send it to?

This is my second time to get this request for invoice although I did indicate the shipping cost.  The first time was a fraud and ebay removed my listing.  This is the second time and when I called ebay, they asked me to just wait 2 days to see if payment was received without sending any invoice to buyer.  Today is the second day and I see nothing.  What should I do - ignore this and let ebay relists item for me?  Any suggestions on how to avoid this kind of fraud happening again?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You've heard of Tough Love? The answers you get here are going to be Tough Love.

First-- Take a look at this:   262567914421

Is there a reason why this seller can sell his shoes for one quarter the price of yours? Did you research what these shoes were selling for?

You say the shoes are New With Tags. But you don't show the tags. Is there also a dust bag? (High end heels and bags have dust bags, dunno about sneakers).  Basically you must show proof that your shoes are not counterfeit.

You are a new seller, with a high value/high fraud product, and no track record. Sophisticated buyers will pass you by leaving the thrill bidders and more to the point, scammers.

Watch out for the email telling you that you will get a cheque for more than the payment and that you should cash it and return the overpayment and the shoes to....yada yada yada.

Do some buying to build your feedback as the most basic protection against these bottomfeeders. Some useful items are poly envelopes, boxes, a metric scale, wrapping tape.

Others will be along sooner than you would like to critique you.

And we all do want you to succeed. Really.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You've heard of Tough Love? The answers you get here are going to be Tough Love.

First-- Take a look at this:   262567914421

Is there a reason why this seller can sell his shoes for one quarter the price of yours? Did you research what these shoes were selling for?

You say the shoes are New With Tags. But you don't show the tags. Is there also a dust bag? (High end heels and bags have dust bags, dunno about sneakers).  Basically you must show proof that your shoes are not counterfeit.

You are a new seller, with a high value/high fraud product, and no track record. Sophisticated buyers will pass you by leaving the thrill bidders and more to the point, scammers.

Watch out for the email telling you that you will get a cheque for more than the payment and that you should cash it and return the overpayment and the shoes to....yada yada yada.

Do some buying to build your feedback as the most basic protection against these bottomfeeders. Some useful items are poly envelopes, boxes, a metric scale, wrapping tape.

Others will be along sooner than you would like to critique you.

And we all do want you to succeed. Really.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your advice.

I did try to show all the proof that I can as I know there are lots of fake ones around - the orginal tags, the box and all angles of the shoes as well as receipt. This is real to me as it was bought in New York with receipt to show the cost. It retails for at least 5x the original cost and I'm only asking for 2.5 x of the cost.

Thanks once again. I am new and still learning 🙂
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I did try to show all the proof that I can as I know there are lots of fake ones around - the orginal tags, the box and all angles of the shoes as well as receipt.

You may need a friend for this, but hold the tags flat so that the company name and as much other information as possible shows. Even the prices they originally sold for.

If you can scan them so much the better-- scanning is great for flat things.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply