sold a item, buyer doesn't want it anymore. how do i delete item so i won't pay seller fees?

jess-pepi
Community Member

I recently sold an item, a few days avec the auction was over buyer sends me a message saying she doesn't want the item anymore. How do i delete the item so it doesn't appear as a sold item on my seller Dashboard and do i have to pay the seller fees even if the item wasn't sold?

Thank-you!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

sold a item, buyer doesn't want it anymore. how do i delete item so i won't pay seller fees?

You have to send your buyer a request for a Mutual Cancellation, politely encouraging her to accept it promptly which will release her from the transaction.

Only do this if she has been polite and apologetic. Any signs of arrogance or entitlement go for the Unpaid Item Dispute.

The basic difference is that with an MC she can leave feedback for up to 60 days. Any feedback she feels like leaving.

With the UID she either pays or gets a Strike which will reduce her ability to bid with most other sellers. She will also be unable to leave feedback.

And put her on your Blocked Bidder List.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks! but how do i send her a request? i'm sorry i don't really know how this work, i'm new to eBay
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Just reply to the Message.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Could I make a couple of suggestions?

Your mannequin gives a better idea of the garments than just a hangar. Use her as much as possible.

But, rather than the flat pose she is using, have her put one foot in front of the other. This is the red carpet pose used by starlets. It makes the model look slimmer and more elegant.

Also, manufacturer's sizes are so variable that Size M or even Size 8 is meaningless. Included the actual measurements in your listings.

Finally, shipping costs are always a problem for Canadian sellers. Buyers hate any shipping charges, and especially those that are higher than the asking price.

Could you switch the asking price and the shipping price on some of your items?

which is cheapest?

A $5 item with $10 shipping?

A $10 item with $5 shipping?

A $15 item with Free (domestic) Shipping?

Which is most likely to attract complaints about gouging on shipping costs?

Which has the lowest fees on shipping? Including on US and overseas shipping?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you so much! I'll be using your suggestions for sure!
Message 6 of 6
latest reply