Return Shipping Label for unhappy foreign buyers

Although eBay requires sellers to provide return shipping when an Item Not As Described dispute is filed, it is no possible for a seller to provide a Return Shipping Label if the buyer is in another country.

Given that the situation is already fraught when a Dispute is filed, sending cash is not a helpful strategy.

If both are in the USA a Returns Shipping Label can be sent, and USPS will not charge the seller if the buyer does not use it.

Which happens more often than one might think.

Will SHIPPO! be able to sell USPS Return Shipping Labels to Canadians?

Will the buyer be charged if the label is not used?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

We've been told that we will be able to purchase ysps labels through Shippo. These aren't eBay return labels so my 'guess' I'd that yes, we would have to pay at the time of purchase.  I might be mistaken but we might have to use a cc to buy them.  I seem to remember something about that being said but my memory could be off on that part.

Regarding sending cash for a label...

If you send money for a label through PP as if you are paying for goods or services (rather than through friends and family) and the buyer does not send the item back, you can put in a pp claim because there is no delivery confirmation that what you paid for was delivered.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

and the buyer does not send the item back, you can put in a pp claim because there is no delivery confirmation

Yes, you've mentioned that before. It does sound doable, but lordie how convoluted!

As does paying for the Shippo /USPS label.

So that's my whine. Pass the cheese.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Scratch that part about having to use a cc for usps on Shippo. I don't think that there was any mention of how payment would work there for usps labels, I was thinking of something else.Sorry for any confusion.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Regarding sending cash for a label...

If you send money for a label through PP as if you are paying for goods or services (rather than through friends and family) and the buyer does not send the item back, you can put in a pp claim because there is no delivery confirmation that what you paid for was delivered.

Hummmm... I'm not sure this would work. Not everything is covered by PayPal. You would have to be *very* careful what you choose when you open a claim. And then, the buyer could probably contest it if he phone PayPal.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

It has worked for other sellers.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

What category do you choose then when opening a claim? It is not a collectible, it is not a tangible good... Just curious.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Do you have to choose a category when opening a Paypal claim? I've never opened one.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Yes, you have to choose the kind of item you bought. If it's a service, it is not covered.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

If that's the case then perhaps the people who have won those claims entered whatever the item was that they were expecting back. I really don't know. I just know that it has been done.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply