SHIPPO

I refuse to send my articles sold to a department called Shippo....I find it juvenile and ridiculous....an insult....as far as Canadians go, many will turn to Kijiji...
Shippo equals Kindergarten...
Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

SHIPPO

i did the test again, montreal to ontario.

shippo price for a small box, 

Canada Post Expedited Parcel 3 days CA$15.97

Canada Post Regular Parcel    4 days CA$17.00

post canada price for the same box

Canada Post Expedited Parcel 3 days CA$12.60 normal price but special  11.23$

Canada Post Regular Parcel    4 days CA$12.60 normal price but special  11.23$

5$ more PER packs? who will pay that?  did i miss something? they state on the website they charge 0.05cent per pack, not 5$
Message 21 of 48
latest reply

SHIPPO

I asked you this before but you didn't reply. Did you sign up through eBay or through Shippo itself? There is no 5 cent charge through ebay and the prices are discounted for expedited shipping but not regular parcel.

Message 22 of 48
latest reply

SHIPPO

jonkthx
Community Member

Shippoo, no thanks!

I've just tried it today, subscribed to the service, made my first label and paid with paypal .... then I got refused at the PostCanada desk !!

For a 16$ shipping, I had to pay 22$ at the desk because my label says payment error ... but I can see paypal took the money for the label. What the ***** is this service!?!

Sorry but if we have to go through this I'm leaving ebay.

Message 23 of 48
latest reply

SHIPPO

@jonkthx wrote:

I've just tried it today, subscribed to the service, made my first label and paid with paypal .... then I got refused at the PostCanada desk !!

For a 16$ shipping, I had to pay 22$ at the desk because my label says payment error ... but I can see paypal took the money for the label. What the ***** is this service!?!

Problems with Canada Post label scan errors have been reported.

If you run into this problem, please contact Shippo at ebay-ca-support@goshippo.com with the Post Office location and the tracking number of the shipment.

Be sure to ask for a refund of the $16 you paid Shippo for a refused label.

From the Shippo help file https://support.goshippo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003303146-Canada-Post-Rejecting-Packages

If your domestic package gets rejected, Canada Post suggests that postal workers select "Supplier Account" as payment method.

If your international package gets rejected, Canada Post's guidance is for the clerk to contact their internal Retail Help Desk for support.

More Shippo eBay.ca files:

https://support.goshippo.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000788923-eBay-CA-Information

-..-

Message 24 of 48
latest reply

SHIPPO

alanz07
Community Member

It seems people have problem with Shippo, can I just bring the package to Canada Post office and pay/ship there, then upload tracking number in Ebay? any problem with this method?

Thanks,

Message 25 of 48
latest reply

SHIPPO

Yes you can do that.  The only problem is that counter prices are usually more expensive than online prices.  You can also go directly to PayPal and print a label there. Labels can also be printed on CP site Snap Ship. You will need a small business number  for that site and for PP but you can apply online if you don't have one.

Message 26 of 48
latest reply

SHIPPO

Mentioned this in another thread earlier...

Since yesterday, unable to purchase &/or print shipping labels directly from PayPal. Not sure if it's a PayPal problem or a Canada Post/PayPal problem as the online Canada Post site also had a notice about some portions of their website not being accessible due to maintenance. However, as much of a pain as it is to use Canada Post online shipping, it was indeed able to be accomplished and I also got a better discount for Tracked Packet. As one of those fortunate sellers with a PayPal debit card, able to use that as a Mastercard credit card so funds will be taken from PayPal...the only drawback there was that the available CDN funds not taken, but rather the USD funds - and I've never understood that as even at the Canada Post outlet when using the PayPal card, the funds used are USD even though there are always CDN funds available..

Message 27 of 48
latest reply

SHIPPO

It's my understanding that after July 31 when the CP promo is over, tracked packet US will be less expensive on Shippo.

I wasn't around when Canadians were allowed to receive PP debit cards but I wish that I had been.  I would guess that it is like a credit card in that when you buy an item in another country, the amount is then converted to the currency of the country that the card is from regardless of how you are going to pay for the card balance later on.

Message 28 of 48
latest reply

SHIPPO

Since this seems to be a counter problem rather than a terminal problem, could I suggest that just putting the package into to postbox takes care of the hassle?

Then if necessary, record the tracking number manually for the use of eBay and the customer.

Maybe it's too simple.

Message 29 of 48
latest reply

SHIPPO

While that's a valid solution that may work well for you, it won't work for everybody.

Depending on what is sold, the size and/or shape of the package may not make it possible to go into a post box. Other people may not want to put a parcel in a post box for a number of reasons and would rather go directly to a post office (I'm one of them).
Message 30 of 48
latest reply

SHIPPO

Probably created by eBay either way it costs more and sucks
Message 31 of 48
latest reply

SHIPPO

If something weighs about a pound or two you will only notice A slight difference of about a dollar but things that weigh say 15lbs cost about 8-10 dollars more
Message 32 of 48
latest reply

SHIPPO

I`m being charged these amounts to ship to the US with shippo

0-250 grams $7.05 Small packets

250-500g  $9.25  sp

to International destinations 

0-250g    $8.39 sp

250-500g  ??sp

Ah no need to tape the shipping label to your package anymore.

just print it on your Zebra printer and 

stick it

my only problem so far is the weight , when I put it in grams it asks me in lbs so I have to change it every time manually to grams.

Message 33 of 48
latest reply

SHIPPO

Even with with small business 5% discounts, the cost of shipping a book to Europe or Australia can be more than the price for the book. For this reason, I do not offer shipping to those places even though the demand is high. If Shippo gets me 33% discount I would be interested. Is it that much discount?

Michael

Message 34 of 48
latest reply

SHIPPO

the cost of shipping a book to Europe or Australia can be more than the price for the book. For this reason, I do not offer shipping to those places even though the demand is high.

As a bookseller myself, thank you for not competing .heart

Seriously though, if the buyer wants the book, he can see your Calculated Rate shipping and decide whether it is worth it to him.

He pays for shipping, not you.

I've only made three international shipments this past month, but the buyers happily paid $12,86/$44.73 / and $10.15. In all cases, I can only assume that I got the sales because the shipping was acceptable and I was willing to ship internationally.

Message 35 of 48
latest reply

SHIPPO

@rosalindt9087 wrote:

Even with with small business 5% discounts, the cost of shipping a book to Europe or Australia can be more than the price for the book. For this reason, I do not offer shipping to those places even though the demand is high. If Shippo gets me 33% discount I would be interested. Is it that much discount?

For Small Packet (Air) the eBay discount through Shippo is around 18% off Canada Post counter prices.

To USA

001g-250g: $ 7.05 versus $ 8.61

251g-500g: $ 9.25 versus $11.29

501g-1.0kg: $13.78 versus $16.82

To UK or Germany (Small Packet has the world broken into zones)

001g-250g:

251g-500g:

501g-1.0kg: $31.99 versus $38.72

1.001-2.0kg:

-..-

Message 36 of 48
latest reply

SHIPPO

To USA

001g-250g: $ 7.05 

251g-500g: $ 9.25 

501g-1.0kg: $13.78 

To  Europe 

001g-250g: $8.39

251g-500g: $16.15

501g-1.0kg: $31.99 

1.001-2.0kg: $??????

To Australia New Zealand a bit more ( might include Japan but not sure yet,)

001g-250g: $ 9.45

251g-500g: $ 18.24 

501g-1.0kg: $ ??????

I wish that ebay shipping calculator can be integrated with Shippo now instead of CP.

So in the new year when the prices change we don`t have to change every thing again,

Message 37 of 48
latest reply

SHIPPO

Small Packet zones:

Central America and most of the Caribbean -- zone 1

Western and Central Europe -- zone 2

Eastern Europe (including Russia) -- zone 3

Japan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Taiwan -- zone 4

Australia and New Zealand -- zone 5

India and South East Asia -- zone 6

South America -- zone 7

Middle East -- zone 8

China -- zone 9

Most of Africa, Central Asia, parts of the Pacific, Antarctica -- zone 10

Exact country list is on page 33 of https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/prices/SBParcels_2017-e.pdf

-..-

Message 38 of 48
latest reply

SHIPPO

Can I have butter on my popcorn please!!

Message 39 of 48
latest reply

SHIPPO

i had the same problem ... if you tell them at the post office to click on user account it will work 

"To rectify this, if you are shipping a domestic shipment, Canada Post suggests that postal workers select "Supplier Account" as payment method. This will allow the domestic packages to be accepted without error. If you are shipping an international shipment, Canada Post's guidance is for the clerk to contact the Retail Help Desk for support."

now the problem im haveing with them is getting charged for 3 slips when i printed 1 😞 ... im going to be looking at diffrent ways to ship 

Message 40 of 48
latest reply