Shippo Over-Billing for shipping labels.

I received my third Shippo invoice today.  Upon matching up my shipping label receipts with the Shippo invoice I had been overcharged $5.17 Cdn on an invoice total that should have been $93.12 Cdn.  (Shippo billed me $101.29)

The Shippo invoices are garbage with part of the right hand column in US dollars and the subtotal and total in Cdn dollars.  If the $5.17 is a currency exchange calculation, well 5% is rather stiff.

My first two invoice from Shippo were correct.  The amount on my shipping label receipts matched the Cdn dollar total at the bottom of the invoice even though the right hand 'Amount' column was in US dollars.

I have issued a ticket on the Shippo system, and so far I just have an email from Shippo stating that they have received the ticket.

This invoicing method sucks.  It is very time consuming.  With PayPal, I knew immediately how much I had been billed for my shipping label, end of concern and onto the next package to be shipped.  Now, with Shippo I have to keep the shipping label receipts so that I can match them up whenever I get billed by Shippo to make sure that they did not make a mistake.  It looks like this going to have to been done faithfully going forward because I am not confident that Shippo can bill in Cdn dollars with any accuracy.

I have put this into a post so that other sellers can see that Shippo billing needs to be checked.  (match the shipping label receipt amounts to the total at the bottom of the invoice)

Rodney, can you step in here.  Can you contact Shippo and have them issue our invoices entirely in Cdn dollars.  I would like to see the invoicing process streamlined such that we can see a current invoice status.

All the Best,

Fred

PS  Personally, I would like to see ebay switch back to PayPal.  PayPal did have problems from time to time but it was not nearly as cludgely as Shippo.  That Shippo cludgeeness translates into a lot extra time required to get the same shipping labels printed and billed correctly.  I am sure we are going to see Shippo outages etc. as well.

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

I must disagree. You may choose to disbelieve me if you like.
Message 41 of 51
latest reply

Which was the whole point of this thread.  I was billed for items that did not appear anywhere.  The issue is still not resolved.  Shippo has taken funds from my PayPal acct that they can neither account for nor issue a receipt for.  It has gone up the management pyramid at Shippo but no response yet.  I suspect that they are just waiting for me to get tired and go away.

The point was that sellers need to reconcile their Shippo invoices with the shipping label receipts.

All the Best,

Fred

Message 42 of 51
latest reply

But I wouldn't exactly call the HS code changeover a debacle. Paypal was doing what international law required.

Since the HS code is not required on all packages but they forced us to use them at first,  they were not following international law. I don't know for certain when they are required but I do know hat US sellers don't use them.

i think that PP/PB were the clueless ones in that situation. 

Message 43 of 51
latest reply

It was a debacle in the sense a 'required' field appeared with zero warning and zero context and zero information to assist its users in compliance. With zero customer support offered.
Message 44 of 51
latest reply

@thewoodguy1 wrote:

Which was the whole point of this thread.  I was billed for items that did not appear anywhere.  The issue is still not resolved.  Shippo has taken funds from my PayPal acct that they can neither account for nor issue a receipt for.  It has gone up the management pyramid at Shippo but no response yet.  I suspect that they are just waiting for me to get tired and go away.

The point was that sellers need to reconcile their Shippo invoices with the shipping label receipts.

All the Best,

Fred

That is very bizarre that the insurance costs weren't available at the time of purchase and that they are not accounted for separately.  I read somewhere on the site that the item would be marked as insured if you purchase the insurance but there should be a number there too. 

Message 45 of 51
latest reply

I agree that must be fixed. If a seller purchases insurance, they need to be issued a receipt for it. For a dozen reasons. It simply must be.

Message 46 of 51
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

But I wouldn't exactly call the HS code changeover a debacle. Paypal was doing what international law required.

Since the HS code is not required on all packages but they forced us to use them at first,  they were not following international law. I don't know for certain when they are required but I do know hat US sellers don't use them.

i think that PP/PB were the clueless ones in that situation.  

HS codes are required for anything that is considered a commercial importation or exportation. With B2C or C2C sales it gets a bit confusing as these often enter countries through an informal entry process if they fall within the de minimis exemption threshold. If your shipment would not qualify for the exemption you definitely want to include an HS code to ensure proper classification to ensure duties are assigned as appropriate. The problem with a text description is it leaves room for interpretation and incorrect classification, something I have to deal with on occasion when the CBSA assigns the wrong HS code based on their interpretation from a text description of goods imported. In general I like to use an HS code regardless for outbound shipments as it makes life easier for the person screening your shipment, which helps keep things moving along. If you sell a somewhat consistent category of goods it is a no brainer giving it doesn't increase workload. For sellers who sell a wide variety of items it can be a royal pain as finding the correct HS code to use can be challenging for some categories of products.

Message 47 of 51
latest reply

They do for FBA Shipments you send them The discount is huge! But anything else no there is no discount or help with shipping

Message 48 of 51
latest reply

All my invoices are translated to Canadian and then charged that amount in American. For example my invoice is $37 US which translated to $50 Canadian. And shippo has been billing me $50 USD instead of Canadian. Have emailed several complaints and so far have only been told they are assessing my case. Been well over a week and have overcharged me by $100 in total over my last 5 transactions. Poor customer service.

Message 49 of 51
latest reply

@hnterboy77 wrote:

All my invoices are translated to Canadian and then charged that amount in American. For example my invoice is $37 US which translated to $50 Canadian. And shippo has been billing me $50 USD instead of Canadian. Have emailed several complaints and so far have only been told they are assessing my case. Been well over a week and have overcharged me by $100 in total over my last 5 transactions. Poor customer service.

ZOMBIE thread -- you can start a new thread for current problems.

tyler@ebay 

Message 50 of 51
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 51 of 51
latest reply