shippo billing?

Shipped our first item with shippo yesterday.. Payed with paypal. Paypal shows nothing yet for this shipping transaction. Does shippo bill monthly or something like that? Also ebay does not show the item marked as shipped automatically as was promised.

We bought the insurance for the item through shippo from their 3rd party insurer for 45 cents and they insure to brazil. Before shippo we were using insurepost but they do not insure to brazil. Shippo's rate through their insurer is 45 cents per $100 US and we were paying $1.60 US per $100 US coverage with insurepost.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

shippo billing?

I believe it was stated by another eBay user somewhere that Shippo's billing on labels was not going to be immediate as we have all been used to with eBay/PayPal, but rather this: "In terms of the billing of your PayPal account that will happen once a week or once you exceed $100 in label purchases....". That sounds like a nightmare in the making for keeping track of a PayPal balance. At current time I refuse to use Shippo, so am using Canada Post Solutions for Small business integrated with PayPal so my label purchases are immediately deducted from PayPal balance. This method offers only a small discount but it is much more convenient and easier to use.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

shippo billing?

So -- some good news, and some not so good news.  

I used Shippo for the first time last week and was also rather miffed to see that the "shipped" icon didn't show up on eBay, nor the charge on Paypal right away.  This is something the eBay Canada reps should be advised about at this Wednesday's chat.  I'm going to check Paypal today to see if there was simply a lag in processing the charge.  

Gee, I seem to recall hearing from eBay around the time they split with Paypal that they really didn't foresee any significant changes in the way Paypal and eBay worked for sellers.  Hmm. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

shippo billing?

@maximus7001 wrote:

Shipped our first item with shippo yesterday.. Payed with paypal. Paypal shows nothing yet for this shipping transaction. Does shippo bill monthly or something like that? Also ebay does not show the item marked as shipped automatically as was promised.

One of the other threads had someone mentioning that Shippo told them paypal would be billed once a week for shipping or when total shipping amount accumulated goes over $100.

At the current time you need to mark it manually.

-..-

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

shippo billing?

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

I believe it was stated by another eBay user somewhere that Shippo's billing on labels was not going to be immediate as we have all been used to with eBay/PayPal, but rather this: "In terms of the billing of your PayPal account that will happen once a week or once you exceed $100 in label purchases....". That sounds like a nightmare in the making for keeping track of a PayPal balance. At current time I refuse to use Shippo, so am using Canada Post Solutions for Small business integrated with PayPal so my label purchases are immediately deducted from PayPal balance.

I completely agree with you.  Not being billed immediately is going to be a real problem for a lot of us.  Using Canada Post sounds like a good idea until eBay manages to get Shippo to work seamlessly with them.  Frankly these are details that should have been anticipated and solved before the Shippo platform was turned on. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

shippo billing?

@ypdc_dennis wrote:
At the current time you need to mark it manually. 

Can you elaborate?  I'm not sure I grasp what you mean.  Do you mean there is a way to temporarily post a charge manually to Paypal (then remove it when the actual charges come in)?  I wasn't aware of that. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

shippo billing?

perhaps the "At the current time you need to mark it manually. " was referring to manually marking the packaged as shipped

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

shippo billing?

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

perhaps the "At the current time you need to mark it manually. " was referring to manually marking the packaged as shipped

Ah yes!  You're right, I see now what that was in reference to.  Whoops -- I'm suffering a bit from a cold/flu-induced foggy brain today.  Thanks. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

shippo billing?

From a recent email received from Shippo regarding my discontent for the billing process, the response was

"... if you know that you will be shipping a lower volume and want to be billed more frequently, we absolutely can lower that threshold for you. "....

That solution maybe OK, just not the ideal situation, but possibly a more workable solution for some sellers.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

shippo billing?

Yes, with Shippo, we should strike while the iron's hot with any complaints or suggestions while they're still worried about impressing eBay.  Six months from now, who knows what the support will be like?

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

shippo billing?

Any issues, problems, annoyances, discontent with particular aspects & features on Shippo should definitely be forwarded to Shippo Customer Support, while they are in an accommodating mood. From my little bit of experience with Shippo customer service, they are all ears right now and want to hear from eBay sellers so they can address our concerns as best as they can within their site's capabilities.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply