Bulk Listing manager: Malfunction on Product Identiifers

Trying to relist four items and this occurs. None are in the wrong category and all have the proper identifiers. I know this to be an absolute fact. If there is a conflict, it's because the CATALOGUE is wrong. Anyone else experiencing this today? If I relist them individually, I get no errors whatsoever. 

I wasted the better part of my last two months on this issue of Product Identifiers, retrofitting 821 different items and many twice because a technical glitch just like this one wiped the UPC/MPN clean. I am ready to throw in my hat and leave ebay over it. I've had it, I really have.

Can anyone access the attachment? The 'insert photo' is also not working for me the way it used to. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

This error occurred again with two different relistings but only after I attempted to alter the 'Item Description' which, for whatever reason, appears to be wiping the association with the product identifiers clean. That makes no sense at all. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

For the record, it says: "No product found for ProductListingDetails. <746775035372>" with the UPC being the UPC in question.

I am beginning to suspect this has nothing to do with UPCs and everything to do with the vacant Product Catalogue on ebay.ca. When I submit the listing regardless of the orange flag, it went through and, on review of the new Active Listing, appeared fine. 

But the time earlier today that I got this type of flagged error message stating my item did not match what they already had in the catalogue for the associated UPC, my item was moved to a new category AND was associated with a Catalogue item that had spelling mistakes in the title. (As well as other areas.) This is very discouraging, to say the least. Does the company not have someone overseeing this? 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HAS SERIOUS A PROBLEM THIS IS. 

The Bulk relist tool will work fine until the point at which you begin to alter information within the listings. In my case, for example, it was to make minor changes to the text of the Item Description. Once this is done, the "No product found for ProductListingDetails" orange flag error will surface WHICH IT IS SAFE TO IGNORE.

More ominous is if the post-alteration orange flag warning DOES NOT arise. If you don't see an orange flag on your listing, this means that ebay has FOUND YOUR ITEM in its Product Catalogue and is now ALTERING YOUR LISTING TO MATCH ITS INFO and in EVERY CASE where this has happened to me, THE PRODUCT CATALOGUE INFORMATION HAS BEEN INCORRECT. It will have the wrong MPN or list of characters or parts or category or scale or whatever but it will be wrong. Video may be embedded. You won't be notified of this 'match' it will just happen and your listing will be altered forever.

I did not spend a month painstakingly incorporating product identifiers into my listings only to have ebay's flawed Product Catalogue wreck them without my prior knowledge or consent.

If anyone at ebay corporation is listening, contact me to see this in action. I can and will replicate the error for you easily as it has been happening steadily since the weekend. To other sellers, beware. This will happen to you. Again, if you utilize the bulk editor tool to just straight-up relist something, nothing will happen to your listings (yet) but the second you goto change some part of it, orange flags will be brought to your attention at which point you MUST comb through every Item Specific that you have to make certain it isn't being changed without your knowledge. 

(Unless, of course, you don't mind being held accountable to your buyers for changes made to your listings by ebay that you were unaware of.)

I have been a proponent of the whole movement to Product Identifiers from the moment it was announced but in every instance where my listings have been touched by ebay's Product Catalogue, the information HAS BEEN WRONG and this was also something that I flagged from the start. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

"If anyone at ebay corporation is listening, contact me to see this in action"

eBay staffers do not read these threads.

Your best bet is to contact raphael directly.

Good Luck

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you, Pierre. I trust your judgement implicitly (I really do) but I can tell you that I have brought this matter both directly and indirectly to his attention already and it has gone unattended. I realize he is a very busy gentleman and also that I am a minor source of perpetual irritation but my hope is that other sellers will see this in action and raise it too. If nothing else, it might prevent their listings from being mismatched to the Product Catalogue and help them avoid the eventual problems that come with that.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

If you do not get the attention you deserve from Raphael, contact Rodney.  He is eBay-Canada country co-manager.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply