ITEM COUNT IS DIFFERENT ON EBAY.CA VS. EBAY.COM

Is any seller seeing a different item total on their listings on eBay.ca vs. eBay.com?

I'm seeing 833 items listed on eBay.ca and 836 items listed on eBay.com.

I know this has been an issue in the past.....

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

no no non no no

Nothing you say in the Description has any effect on the shipping price.

Your Canadian customers will see that $40 dollars on their preliminary invoice and nope right out of there.

And if they did happen to read the $12 shipping in the description they will be delighted not to deal with a crook.

You can chose multiple destinations with Choose Custom Destination.

So make one Canada. With the $12 shipping.

And then another Europe etc. With the $40 shipping.

Silverpinups??? - Gosh I thought that was a newbie mistake. You have a ton of listings up, but make the change on each new one, or as you relist. (I think you once said you don't use GTC.)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

The shipping tab shows $40 so that is what buyers would be charged unless they notice the different amount in the description and then ask for an invoice. I'm sure that some buyers will see the $40US and not even bother opening the listing since shipping is so high.

Why would you not have Canada in the first international option in the listing form and then worldwide in the second one?  Then Canadians would see the $12 cost, not $40.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@silverpinups wrote:

Is any seller seeing a different item total on their listings on eBay.ca vs. eBay.com?

I'm seeing 833 items listed on eBay.ca and 836 items listed on eBay.com.

I know this has been an issue in the past.....

Is it possible that for 3 items on .com, you accidentally neglected to show shipping to Canada?

That's happened to me in the past.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

No, I talked to eBay Customer Service on Saturday about a missing listing (listed on Friday and disappeared an hour later) and the CS Rep did scan of all my listings and they showed no discrepancies in shipping.

That listing simply disappeared on eBay.ca so I relisted it well I was on the phone with the CS Rep. and then it appeared on both sites. 

Now there are 3 listings not showing on eBay.ca that are all GTC and not newly listed.  

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I also just listed two tonight using "sell a similar item" on a existing GTC and there also not appearing in eBay.ca (shipping locations are correct).

I don't know if there's a glitch with the listing tool or not, but there's a definitely a problem!

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I have no idea why the counts are different.  This is unrelated but I did notice that your listings are showing $40 shipping to Canada..the same as for international  locations.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Yes, I only have two prices for shipping, Domestic (USA) and International (Canada and the rest of the world).

The item description specifies 12.00 to Canada.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

no no non no no

Nothing you say in the Description has any effect on the shipping price.

Your Canadian customers will see that $40 dollars on their preliminary invoice and nope right out of there.

And if they did happen to read the $12 shipping in the description they will be delighted not to deal with a crook.

You can chose multiple destinations with Choose Custom Destination.

So make one Canada. With the $12 shipping.

And then another Europe etc. With the $40 shipping.

Silverpinups??? - Gosh I thought that was a newbie mistake. You have a ton of listings up, but make the change on each new one, or as you relist. (I think you once said you don't use GTC.)

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

The shipping tab shows $40 so that is what buyers would be charged unless they notice the different amount in the description and then ask for an invoice. I'm sure that some buyers will see the $40US and not even bother opening the listing since shipping is so high.

Why would you not have Canada in the first international option in the listing form and then worldwide in the second one?  Then Canadians would see the $12 cost, not $40.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I used to have 12.00 for domestic and international shipping when eBay.ca had the USD option.

I just never made the adjustment when I moved to eBay.com as Canadian sales were never more then 5-10% of my gross eBay sales over the last 12 years.

I have never had a problem with my Canadian customers and I've had some new ones over the last couple of months.

BUT...

Your right, I should make a shipping adjustment for Canada going forward.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

YES, I will make an adjustment.... but I've got a bigger problem with newly listed items not showing up on eBay.ca

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Does anyone see Alison Brie item # 272681574261 and Rachel Miner item # 262997725994 on eBay.ca?

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Thank you, pj and reallynicestamps you inadvertently fixed my problem.

I added Canada as a separate shipping location to the two newly listed items that were only showing on eBay.com and suddenly they appeared on eBay.ca. 

They should have appeared on eBay.ca anyways (shipping to Canada was specified) but it appears to have resolved one of the problems.

I'm sure the item count problem is somehow related to shipping.

But, prior to any shipping adjustments, I checked eBay.ca on my android phone and all listings were accounted for..... just not on my desktop computer.... it's all very unusual.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I always see a discrepancy with listing numbers on ebay.ca versus ebay-anywhere-else. Sometimes it's about shipping cost not being set, and other times it's about lag time in relist accumulation. Like, the listing count on relist might be immediately accurately reflected on ebay.ca but it takes a few hours to show up at ebay.com and even longer to materialize on ebay.co.uk. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Yes, I agree but I also think that the new listing tool is alot more sensitive then it's predecessor and my combining Canada with other International locations is causing issues with the formatting process.

I found the items this morning that were not showing up on ebay.ca by revising them and adding a separate shipping cost for Canada.

This fixed the problem with the exception of one listing that I can't figure out... I may have to end it and relist it.  

What I can't figure out is why this is happening. Both listing methods have shipping to Canada.  

Message 14 of 14
latest reply