Super weird Forum Notification behaviours with my Email Subscription to New Posts on Threads

This came up at Board Hour this week and I didn't comment on it since I had not thought much of it at that time. (Message 25 of 48 and an associated reply later at http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/October-5th-2016-Weekly-Session/td-p/353128/page/2) but it's starting to drive me batty.

I think I am getting notifications by email when people so much as give 'kudos' to a post now. I'm not talking about the Notifications on Community at top left, I mean actual emails that give me a link back to the thread where no one has said anything new since the last time I looked. 

Also, I'm getting emails hours if not days later. Or not at all.

I think it's been this way a month or more but it seems to be growing recently worse.

It took me awhile to figure out some messages that led to 'errors' were because the moderators had to remove a post, and it also took me some thinking to realize that when a poster comes back to edit their post to the thread everyone gets another email saying a new comment has been made when it's really just an edited one (I am the worst offender there, I don't see any spelling or grammatical error until after I hit 'post') but this is not that, I don't think.

What's going on with this? Anyone know? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Super weird Forum Notification behaviours with my Email Subscription to New Posts on Threads

Just now! An email to a post from seven hours ago, and I've had a dozen messages in between. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

More like a dozen emails randomly delayed for up to eight hours. But why? Others arrived promptly during that time. Oh well, it's not a life-threatening situation on the crisis scale of one to ten maybe a 1.5. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It's not like anyone ever died of suspense in waiting for someone to reply to their post here. (Cough cough gasp expire.)

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I noticed the same thing. Last night I was receiving e-mails for messages in one post out of order and hours after they were posted. I looked through them all and there were the same number of e-mails as messages, so I don't think any sort of editing or removal is sending out a new e-mail, it's just slow sending out the e-mails for new messages.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply