The page isn’t redirecting properly.

zank60
Community Member

I have a problem, when I click on a item in my watch list I receive this message:

The page isn’t redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: The page isn’t redirecting properly.

zank60
Community Member

I have this problem only on eBay.ca not  eBay.com  I clear the cache and the cookies of eBay.ca but the problem is still present.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Is your browser one hundred per cent up-to-date? Is it your cookies setting that might be causing the problem?

My browser is Safari and I have seen none of the problem that you describe.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Yes my browser (Firefox) is up-to-date. Another strange thing the problem is present only in English if I switch to French I don't have this problem.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I am also experiencing this issue recently with ebay.ca, not ebay.com, using Firefox 55.0.1 (64-bit) on OS/X El Capitan

Clearing individual cookies seemed to help about a week ago, however today I was unable to fix the problem by:

- clearing all the individual cookies for ebay.ca

- clearing the cache

- clearing all the cookies and cache

I was forced to use ebay.com in order to complete a purchase, which involved a little more digging, because the item I wanted was located in Canada.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Howdy everyone - 

If you're still encountering this issue will you please let me know if it's occurring in a browser other than Firefox, like Chrome? Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

The issue also occurs for me using Firefox ESR 52.2.0 (64-bit) on a linux box, although Chrome works. I have not tested with Safari yet however I'll give that a go tomorrow.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

This is a real PIA and is preventing me from purchasing. Agree with all that the problem started to occur in the last couple of days. When is this going to get fixed??

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I'm having the same problem. I use Chrome and it was fine until a couple days ago. Now no listing links I click on from ebay.ca EVER work, including those in my own Selling Manager. How in the world can such a major error be happening on such a major site and go without being fixed for several days?

There's a semi-workaround to this, just change the .ca part of the URL to .com and you can see the same listing on the US site. It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Seems a number of browsers are affected. I also wanted to mention that Firefox is the browser I've been using primarily for all of my purchasing up to this point so the other browsers I have tested with may have a "fresher" ebay.ca experience. I imagine if I were to completely wipe and reinstall Firefox without importing anything from the old profile it would work ok, it's just a huge inconvenience.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Verified on my linux box. Starting with "firefox -P" to bring up the profile manager and creating a fresh profile "fixes" this problem.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Finally, investigating further, I discovered that I can fix this today by clearing "Site Preferences". Cookies and cache were already cleared.

Hope this helps others.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

bonafide_edifanob look like clearing "Site Preferences" is the solution, no more "The page isn’t redirecting properly" thanks a lot.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I freely admit that I don't know enough about programming to understand why that might be but I'm happy to see a (temporary) solution has been found and I have, as a result, cross-referenced this thread with another I know about where users are experiencing the same problem. 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

jeece_r
Community Member

Same problem suddenly appeared for me a few weeks ago. Most current Firefox version. I could get rid of the problem by using the Private Browsing mode though.

Clearing Site Preferences worked for me, thanks!

Message 15 of 15
latest reply