"Payments Owing" is showing that I'm owed funds still, when I'm not.

On my Selling Page Under "Payments Owing" it's showing that a buyer still owes $58 when she doesn't.  She's already paid and her items are out.  Paypal's numbers are correct and showing that the buyer paid.

I think what MIGHT have screwed it up was she made an offer, I accepted and she ended up doing a buy it now for one of the items instead of going to put in an offer we agreed on.  So she ended up overpaying...since she had free shipping, I couldn't deduct from her shipping costs, so I reluctantly gave a $4 refund.  I think that's when it all went awry.

I tried calling ebay but the waiting time was outrageous, so I just ignored it because Paypal's numbers were right and I KNOW the buyer paid.

I just thought I'd put this out there in case anyone else is trying to figure out what happened and perhaps THINKS they are due money when they aren't.  I'd hate for someone to say to a buyer that "heh, you didn't pay!" when, in actuality, they already did.

Thanks!  Let me know if anyone else is experiencing this...btw, it's still there showing I'm owed payment.

Carla:)

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Any time you do a refund directly, this will show up.

You can try marking it manually Paid, but it's easier to do any refunds through Paypal's Send Money. Don't forget to reduce the refund by the amount of the eBay fee on the refunded shipping.

( IE- if you refunded $4.00 you would Send R $3,60 as the refund owing. )

You can add a note to the buyer referring to the eBay transaction, but this is a separate and PP only transaction and does not affect your eBay account in any way.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Femmefan has the right of it, as soon as a refund is issued by the seller, it shows as Awaiting Payment for you and your buyer. Mark it Paid manually. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Any time you do a refund directly, this will show up.

You can try marking it manually Paid, but it's easier to do any refunds through Paypal's Send Money. Don't forget to reduce the refund by the amount of the eBay fee on the refunded shipping.

( IE- if you refunded $4.00 you would Send R $3,60 as the refund owing. )

You can add a note to the buyer referring to the eBay transaction, but this is a separate and PP only transaction and does not affect your eBay account in any way.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Femmefan has the right of it, as soon as a refund is issued by the seller, it shows as Awaiting Payment for you and your buyer. Mark it Paid manually. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi, thank you so much for the explanation, I knew it had something to do with refunding...:)

I would have answered sooner as I was waiting on someone to reply to this thread, but I wasn't getting an email saying there were replies, even though I opted for it.

Thanks again.

Carla:)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply