Account Suspension - Ebay Support

So, my brother created an eBay account recently to purchase an item. The transaction went smoothly, everything was great. Then 3 days later he gets a notice that is account has been permanently suspended due to security concerns etc etc.

He tried to contact eBay support via chat, and they asked a couple of generic questions and then just replied they had decided to keep him suspended. Now he does sometimes use a VPN as I do. It's possible that it got turned off or changed server locations while he was logged in and eBay automatically flagged this as a security violation. I have used a VPN with eBay and never had an issue. He tried to contact chat again, but they gave him the same generic responses (3 of them in near instantaneous fashion) and ended the chat session.

On a hunch had him do it again and just put call me in the question box. The "person" on the other end responded with "securing connection" and then stated that he took too long to respond and ended the chat again. So clearly the chat is using an automated system and not real people. Also, because his account is suspended, he doesn't seem to have the call me feature. When did eBay customer support become so atrocious? I don't mind buying things for him on his behalf but god forbid if my account ever gets permanently suspended I guess you're just screwed. Does he have any other options? I'm now waiting for them to call me through my account but I'm not holding my breath.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0