Anyone seen a shipping label like this?

A seller sent me this that he printed from paypal.

I thought it wasnt right because my address isnt on it but it was already dropped off.

Is this normal to see this?

Why would it have the address of the post facility and not my address?

Very worried

Untitled.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

marnotom!
Community Member

Looks to me as though your item is being shipped through an international mail consolidation service.  Your seller probably chose this method as either a cost-saving measure or to eliminate the perceived "hassle" of shipping directly internationally.

No need to worry unless your item hasn't shown up by two or three business days after the last estimated delivery date.

More information on the Global Post service can be found here:

https://www.goglobalpost.com/

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Tracking is a Seller Protection. It is used by Sellers to prove delivery in Disputes.

You are covered by eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

If the seller cannot prove Delivery to YOUR address within the window eBay provided, you can open a Dispute and be fully refunded.

In this case, the seller seems to be using a consolidator, much like eBay's Global Shipping Program.

With the GSP, the seller is only responsible for shipping to the GSP plant in Kentucky.

However, the consolidator is now responsible for getting the parcel to you.

For your own mental health, mark the last date for delivery eBay gave you on your calendar and don't watch tracking unless it does not appear by then.

In these pandemic times, transit can be complicated and even apparently nonsensical. Don't look.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

With the GSP, the seller is only responsible for shipping to the GSP plant in Kentucky.

However, the consolidator is now responsible for getting the parcel to you.

As the "ship to" address in the transaction details will be the buyer's address, the seller will not be off the hook in the event of a non-delivery claim. 

This is more like a shipment sent through eBay's International Standard Delivery scheme than it is the GSP.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Marno's posts are spot on. GlobalPost is a consolidator, they will apply a new shipping label after they receive the package and forward it on to Canada.

It IS the same type of service as eBay's International Standard and if a US seller was using that service the label they initially print/use would have the address of DHL in either KY or CA.

The seller would have transmitted YOUR shipping information electronically to GlobalPost, when the package arrives at the consolidator they scan the label and attach the correct label for the destination country.

GlobalPost is a division of Stamps.com

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

The problem here is an insistence on communicating.

If the seller had just given the tracking number the OP would not be upset.

The problem is that the seller sent a picture of the label with what "appeared" to be the wrong address.

Sometimes the best form of communication is to shut up.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Well, the USPS tracking number would only be good until the item got to the Los Angeles facility.  After that, it would require another tracking number, possibly the obscured "INTL #" at the bottom of the label.

Perhaps the seller has found that the "INTL #" doesn't always pick up the USPS tracking information to Los Angeles and wanted to cover the area below their tailbone.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The deal is I gave this person $71USD to send the item I bought direct via USPS PRIORITY EXPRESS INTERNATIONAL.

Instead this person stealthed the postage rate and printed the cheapest label paypal had from the looks of it.

Its priority to LA then according to globalpost, its first class if I'm lucky to Canada.

Then who knows what fees they will try to burn me with.

This is pure trash and I wish I didnt buy this item at all.

I specifically worked with this person and priced the USPS priority express because the items are glass.

I am disgusted with what I see from paypals "deals" they promoted.

Absolute disgusted

I just wanted to know if anyone has actually seen this type of label for global post and maybe ask how the service was and if it was express or not.

The more I look, the worse it gets. google reviews are 3 in total, all 1 star as absolute horrible service.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
The postage on the address label you saw would have only been for shipping the widget to Los Angeles, so even if it weren’t stealthed, you wouldn’t have seen the total paid to GlobalPost anyway.

GlobalPost does offer 4-5 business day shipping to Canada:

https://www.goglobalpost.com/plus/

Was the Priority Express shipping stated in the listing or was this something you and the seller negotiated? I’m also not clear on how using express shipping makes the widget immune from damage in transit.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply