Can I sell legal prescription drug from Canada to the US?

I have about 9 months worth of prescription drugs from my doctor and want to sell that really cheap to US customers who can't afford the drug in the US. I should take my pill one a day but i missed taking them while on vacations and some day during the week. If you ask me why, I'm cured but my doc keeps giving the drug of daily dose for precaution but I don't really need it, my blood tests are normal in the last 5 years. Does anyone know if it's legal to sell that extra pills from Canada to US customers?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

mcrlmn
Community Member

https://www.thebalanceeveryday.com/importing-prescription-drugs-for-personal-use-is-it-legal-2663880

It is possible to ship prescription medications to the U.S. but they may be opened and examined at the border and could be seized if they do not have the correct paperwork,  or if they contain substances banned in the U.S. or are readily available in the U.S.  

In most cases, it is illegal to import drugs into the United States for personal use.

That’s largely because drugs available in Canada haven’t been evaluated or approved by FDA for use or sale in the U.S.

"In the case of export, the exportation of the controlled drug or narcotic must not contravene the laws and regulations of the country of destination."

You've got some homework to do.

Start with Canada Border Services Agency.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cycp-cpcj/dr-al/pd-mo-eng.htm

Governed by the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, prescription drugs are only legal when prescribed by a doctor. It is illegal to possess prescription drugs without a valid prescription or to get multiple prescriptions filled by different pharmacies (ex: lying about your identity, using a fake prescription, or getting multiple prescriptions by various doctors). Any other drug-related activities (for example: selling or giving out Oxycodone) are considered criminal offences.

So your answer is no. eBay would most likely suspend your account and take actions to prevent the sale of such items.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @zorro21c - please don't list your medication for sale on eBay.ca or eBay.com. It is against policy to sell prescription medication on either site (link here).

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

most pharmacies will take back any unused prescription medications so if you are concerned what to do with them or how to dispose of same, that would be an alternative...

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The drug was prescribed by a doctor  for a specific patient for a specific reason.

If you sell these drugs,  it is not known  why someone is buying the drug. 

If the buyer suffers in a negative manner  when the drug is taken, you the seller are responsible for the problem the buyer encountered.

Legal liability is too big to even try to sell these drugs, whether online  or elsewhere.....

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Simple answer: no

Drugs that require a prescription also require a person to be licensed in Canada to sell them.

Prescription drugs also require the buyer to have a prescription for them.

Some prescription drugs are legal in Canada, but are not legal in parts of the USA. You could be chased as a drug dealer.

If the prescription drug was subsidised by a provincial government you would be expected to repay the government since the drug was for your use, not for selling to someone else.

Whole mess of landmines if you try to sell, so despite the wastage, best to not do.

Most drugstores will accept unused drugs back for disposal.

-..-

Message 7 of 7
latest reply