Confused by 'board' choices and 'may apply' default photo fees

Hoping for answers to a couple of questions:

1. What is the right "board" for general discussions among Canadian users? The "select location" menu choices  are vague. Is "Seller Central," for example, for all eBay users, or, given that I am posting this message on a page titled "The eBay Canada Community," is it a board for Canadian users? And then, how do "Discussions" differ from "Groups"? And what is the "eBay Cafe"? It is all very vague and confusing.

2. When adding photos for items I am listing to sell, I notice one of two options -- "Display up to 12 supersized images with zoom with Picture Pack (fees may apply)" -- is already checked. Has this always been a default? How much are the fees, and what determines whether they apply? Again, vague!

Apologies if all this is posted in the wrong place, but see Question 1. And my thanks for all and any help anyone can offer.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@opeongoroad wrote:

1. What is the right "board" for general discussions among Canadian users? Is "Seller Central," for example, for all eBay users, or, given that I am posting this message on a page titled "The eBay Canada Community," is it a board for Canadian users? And then, how do "Discussions" differ from "Groups"? And what is the "eBay Cafe"? It is all very vague and confusing. 

These https://community.ebay.ca forums are for the eBay.CA marketplace. So mostly Canadian eBay stuff.

The eBay.COM marketplace has https://community.ebay.com for Americans (and those who sell there).

Seller Central is for Selling related problems / questions.

Buyer Central is for Buyers who have problems / questions.

Canada Town Square (under cafe) tends to be general gossip/posts that are not tied to buying/selling on ebay.

Groups are not used very much here, they are used a lot more on the American side when people have questions about items ... identifying different types of stuff. Bigger bunch of experts hanging around .COM makes those groups far more useful.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Photos-- that is a confusing statement, and there isn't one of those little blue "i" links with an attached explanation.

Generally you can add the 12 photos without charge.

At the end of the Sell Your Item page, your listing fee will show.

If it is more than $0.00, scroll back up and look for options (including extra photos) that you may have accidentally chosen. There is an "i" link to help

Are you using the default Simplified Sell Your Item form? It's garbage and misleading and hard to modify.

There is a link to change it at the top right of the form, but it is hard to spot.

tyler@ebay  

Could you add a screenshot of the link to the good Advanced SYI form?  I have no idea how.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@opeongoroad wrote:

1. What is the right "board" for general discussions among Canadian users? Is "Seller Central," for example, for all eBay users, or, given that I am posting this message on a page titled "The eBay Canada Community," is it a board for Canadian users? And then, how do "Discussions" differ from "Groups"? And what is the "eBay Cafe"? It is all very vague and confusing. 

These https://community.ebay.ca forums are for the eBay.CA marketplace. So mostly Canadian eBay stuff.

The eBay.COM marketplace has https://community.ebay.com for Americans (and those who sell there).

Seller Central is for Selling related problems / questions.

Buyer Central is for Buyers who have problems / questions.

Canada Town Square (under cafe) tends to be general gossip/posts that are not tied to buying/selling on ebay.

Groups are not used very much here, they are used a lot more on the American side when people have questions about items ... identifying different types of stuff. Bigger bunch of experts hanging around .COM makes those groups far more useful.

-..-

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Photos-- that is a confusing statement, and there isn't one of those little blue "i" links with an attached explanation.

Generally you can add the 12 photos without charge.

At the end of the Sell Your Item page, your listing fee will show.

If it is more than $0.00, scroll back up and look for options (including extra photos) that you may have accidentally chosen. There is an "i" link to help

Are you using the default Simplified Sell Your Item form? It's garbage and misleading and hard to modify.

There is a link to change it at the top right of the form, but it is hard to spot.

tyler@ebay  

Could you add a screenshot of the link to the good Advanced SYI form?  I have no idea how.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Nice succinct explanation -- thanks!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the info on photo charges. I'll watch for any listing fee, and avoid that simplified form!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @reallynicestamps!

Hi @opeongoroad - you got great info about the boards from Dennis (thank you sir!), and welcome to our forums! They're cozy, but folks here are very helpful and I'm always about somewhere to clarify if needed. 🙂

I don't have screenshots of the transition from Quick Listing Tool to Advanced, but I do have written steps:

Click Sell on the top left of most eBay pages

Click 'Switch to advanced tool' if it appears in the upper right corner

Click 'switch' on the pop up box that appears

From what I can see though, I think you're on the advanced listing form already. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 6
latest reply