False gemstone

ca2014_synno
Community Member

I have a little question if i know a people sell glass not the gemstone he said how can i flag is account to ebay ?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

False gemstone

marnotom!
Community Member

On each listing page, there's a "report item" link.  Click it and follow the instructions from there.

You do need to have pretty strong evidence that the item is not as described in the listing, however.  Just "knowing" that the gemstone is a fake may not be enough evidence to get the listing removed from eBay.

If you have purchased from the seller in the past and filed a "not as described" claim against them, that will get the seller on eBay's radar.  If they get hit with enough similar claims, eBay will likely take action against the seller.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

False gemstone

The Report button will get a polite reply from eBay, but a single Report from a single member is not evidence. Multiple Reports from multiple members would be different.

If you have been in a transaction, opening a Not As Described dispute and getting a refund is much more effective.

Unless the seller cooperates and refunds promptly, he gets a Defect and those lead to higher fees, restrictions on the number and /or value of listings, and possible closed account.

A dumb criminal will attempt to schmooze the buyer into not Disputing, or into waiting until the deadline for filing a Dispute passes. This is dumb because it does not always work and the buyer has backup ways to Dispute.

A smart criminal will refund promptly and not fight a Dispute, because by doing so there are no Defects, no raised fees, no restricted listings and the sketchey seller goes on selling.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply