Feedback is not received

n!n!n
Community Member

Is it possible to implement a feature which will penalize the other party that doesn't leave the feedback by taking a small percentage of their own feedback received down?  I find it very insulting that I make that extra effort when I leave a positive feedback for my buyers just to see that I don't get anything back.  Right now Ebay collects this information - feedback sent and feedback received.   I think it would be fair to take away points from people who receive positive feedback but "forget" to leave it for the other party.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Feedback is not received

O.K. If that's the feeling of the community I will not be leaving any feedback (as a buyer or a seller) ever again. This topic can be closed.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Feedback is not received

There are no other sites that require feedback and it is optional here so I don't see why someone should be penalized for not leaving it. I don't understand why some feel insulted by it as this is a business transaction,  not a personal one.

Keep in mind that sometimes a person won't leave a feedback at all because they aren't happy with something. If they are going to be penalized for not leaving one, they might leave a negative. Be careful what you wish for.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Feedback is not received

you have only sold a handful of items.  consider it a blessing, if you want to build your feedback you will have to up your listings, with some smaller value items, to move your feedback,  and  if you receive 30%  feedback rate of transactions you will be doing good.. Most people don't leave feedback, most who do are return customers, or the other side is people who aren't happy.. So be careful .. it  can go both ways.. selling so few items.. a negative can ruin your business overnight..

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Feedback is not received

Some buyers expect  sellers to leave feedback first   .....  Some sellers expect buyers to leave feedback first.

Then came the day when a seller cannot leave a negative feedback for a buyer.... not even a negative comment with a positive feedback.

Buyers can only have 100 % positive feedback... and then many sellers said .... Why leave feedback?

There was once a time when sellers massacred buyers with negatives.... That was on a unique discussion on eBay.com.  This was a major shootout for sellers on buyers.....  High Noon In Dodge City...  This discussion disappeared......  and then all buyers had 100 % positive feedback.

Sellers should ....never ......ask for a feedback....  the end result could be a negative  feedback...  OUCH!

Learn how to do it on eBay... Personal experience is that a seller must know what NOT to do..

Communicate in a careful polite manner........

Never say... I....  did it.... Say it was done.... Third person communications

I have a standard set of communications with buyers.....  and buyers are most impressed...  they say so in a feedback.

---------------------------

If a seller does have a problem with a buyer, that buyer can be  reported.... this is done in a private, confidential manner on eBay ...  Never hesitate to make a report.

--------------------------

When you list on eBay... remember  you are the potential buyer's eyes.

Think about what you would want to see in a listing... and then do it and ... more.... more.. more and more...

--------------------------

Stand in front of a mirror..... A seller should always ask... Who am I?  How do I communicate with People?    How can one make someone happy?    How can I make it happen? 

Over the years I have had some difficult buyers....They were ready to hit hard.... I have learned how to adjust their tone...  and then blocked that buyer...

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Feedback is not received

O.K. If that's the feeling of the community I will not be leaving any feedback (as a buyer or a seller) ever again. This topic can be closed.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Feedback is not received

* Easiest way to get your 12 month feedback to 100% from 0% is to buy one item using your selling account ID from an ebay seller who always leaves feedback. Item does not need to be expensive, the feedback for a buyer is always positive, and it lasts 12 months.

* As a small seller, I leave my feedback when I know the buyer is happy AND has left feedback for me. Unlike big sellers who quickly get buried in detail (a nice place to be), I can usually remember the actual sale details (or know where to check).  So leaving feedback after your buyer has left you some is what I'd recommend to reduce your feedback stress.

-..-

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Feedback is not received

It is my choice to leave feedback  after a buyer leaves feedback.

I once tried the opposite of leaving feedback first.  This was an uncomfortable situation.No negatives, but some buyers  choose to present their views of a transaction in uncomfortable words...  It was their way of saying things even when there was no problem with a transaction.

Many buyers do not know that sellers cannot leave a negative feedback for a buyer....

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Feedback is not received

It’s interesting that you came to that conclusion since I don’t think that anyone was suggesting that you never leave feedback.  I just don’t think that it is worth stressing over it.  I can’t leave negative feedback for a buyer regardless of how the transaction went so I leave it as soon as I mail an item.  Then there is no need for me to wait and keep checking to see if they left feedback or not.  I appreciate when they do leave positive feedback but that is their choice.  

When I started selling about 80% of my buyers left feedback so it was easier than to build up that number.  I realize that it is much harder to do now but I don’t think most buyers base their purchases on the number of feedback a seller has so I don’t think it affects you as much as you might think.  However, some buyers do want that pat on the back so I ‘pat’ them first. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Feedback is not received

Feedback should be revamped and Ebay should remove the personal comment section and just have a 5 star or 1-10 scale rating system. The comments are what cause the trouble, and every other site I buy off the seller does not even leave feedback, it is not really needed. If someone does not pay, you report them, that is all. Ebay's feedback system needs a over haul in a big way, I have been complaining about it for years. Remove the personal comments and I think Ebay would be a better place to do business. It is becoming a ghost town here, aside from all the $1.00 things from China, dollar store junk.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Feedback is not received

@mapleleaf-collectibles wrote:

Feedback should be revamped ...

Remove the personal comments and I think Ebay would be a better place to do business.

Unlikely.  Buyers like to see comments.

While Sellers on the A-river can not leave feedback for Buyers -- Sellers are allowed to reply to Buyer feedback comments left for them.

-..-

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Feedback is not received

This topic has been locked due to hostile comments and interpersonal disputes.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 11 of 11
latest reply