Google chrome keeps saying i won a prize for doing a survey and when i try pay the $1 nothing happen

Like i said why does ebay let a company screw over an honest member so either send me my pad or take this **bleep** off ebay thanks 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Google chrome keeps saying i won a prize for doing a survey and when i try pay the $1 nothing happen

I highly doubt you won anything. What is it you are thinking you have won. Who are you trying to send a dollar to and why?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Sounds like a phishing scam.

Change all your passwords, run a malware cleanup. Pray.

You might also try reporting the email to your provider or to Google Chrome, but I don't have an address. Don't use the one in the 'prize' email.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

So this is either 1) a Popup from your chrome browser.....your problem not ebays.  OR 2) one of the paid random adds you clicked on on an ebay page with a banner like "You won an I Pad from Google."  In which case it was a scam waiting for someone like you.  The adds are served up randomly by a rotator and are sold by a third party.  They are not ebays at all but ebay does receive money for those adds so you should complain.

Except there is no one at ebay that will actually know what you are talking about.  I wonder if an email to trust and safety about the add would be helpful.  It is however next to impossible to constantly monitor those third party adds.

If it is a popup please get and install something like popup blocker then you won't need to worry about whatever background junk you loaded in with chrome.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply