Has anybody else recently had packages that seem to sit idle for a couple days in Mississauga?

I have a parcel en route to me that seems to have sat idle in Mississauga for I think a couple of days before being sent on to Winnipeg. From looking at the tracking info from both the ebay and the Canada Post sites, this is how it went -  Shipment picked up by Canada Post in Mississauga on Wed. June, 17 at 3:44 pm (ebay has it at 8:44 pm-I don't really understand the 5 hour difference here... but not important because....we go to next entries), cleared Customs Wed. June, 17 at 11.25 pm, item processed in Winnipeg at 12:58 pm (ebay has it as 8:44 pm-this time a difference of 6 hours...again not important).The original delivery date (after being picked up) was for Mon. June 22, but after getting to Winnipeg it was then changed to Wed. June 24

What I don't understand from all of this is why did it take so long to get from Mississauga to Winnipeg? It cleared Customs shortly before midnight on Wednesday. Why did it seem to sit in Mississauga for all of Thursday and Friday? For it to take that long to get to Winnipeg (Thurs. to Sun.) after being cleared by Customs late Wed. night.... Is this unusual? This is the 2nd time that this has happened. A recent purchase from amazon.ca was also delayed in Mississauga by 2 days. I had ordered on a Wed. before the cut off deadline for 2-day delivery (for guaranteed delivery on Fri.- I have a Prime membership) and it also sat in Mississauga for 2 days before being sent on forward. It may have bypassed Winnipeg because there was no scan entry from there.That one I had to wait until the following Monday to receive making it obviously late.

What the heck is going on in Mississauga to cause a 2 day delay? Has anyone else experienced this or is it just a coincidence?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Has anybody else recently had packages that seem to sit idle for a couple days in Mississauga?

2 REPLIES 2

I noticed  I missed something but it was to late to edit it.  Here's what I omitted; the scan for "item processed in Winnipeg at 12:58 pm" was on Sunday. I wasn't sure if that was clear or not.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply