Listing altered after sale?

I have received an item that was not as described and I am unsure who is at fault. I am trying to ascertain this before contacting the seller.

I bought an item - call it "Item X Plus" - but received a slightly different version - "Item X" (without the plus).

My original order confirmation email says "Item X Plus" but when I go to the item listing now, it is just "Item X."

Could the seller have changed the listing after the sale? Or could this have happened some other way? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Was this an auction listing?  Or a fixed price listing?

If fixed price, was it for one only or did the original listing offer multiple quantity?

Generally, a seller cannot change any part of the title or description after the sale except in the case of fixed price listings with multiple quantity.  In such instances, the buyer still has access to the original description.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Was this an auction listing?  Or a fixed price listing?

If fixed price, was it for one only or did the original listing offer multiple quantity?

Generally, a seller cannot change any part of the title or description after the sale except in the case of fixed price listings with multiple quantity.  In such instances, the buyer still has access to the original description.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It was a fixed-price with multiple items. And not long after posting this, I noticed that the site actually indicated the listing was changed. So thanks for the reply and sorry for posting a topic with such an easy answer.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Keep in mind that while a seller is allowed to change some aspects of a fixed price listing offering multiple quantity, the buyer is still entitled to receive exactly what was advertised in the listing at time of buying.

If the item is not as was described at the time of purchase I suggest you contact the seller with your concerns.  There may be a simple answer or you may be offered a rebate (partial refund) if the item is inferior to what you purchased and paid for.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

My original order confirmation email says "Item X Plus" but when I go to the item listing now, it is just "Item X."

So you haven't actually received anything yet? We are in Shrodinger's Cat territory. Wait until there is a problem and then act.

You have up to 45 days from purchase to start a Dispute.

“In fact, the mere act of opening the box will determine the state of the
cat, although in this case there were three determinate states the cat
could be in: these being Alive, Dead, and Bloody Furious.”
Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies

Message 5 of 5
latest reply