Package sent to germany

owmul-5621
Community Member
I bought a RTX 3060 from a seller on ebay. The package was released from russia on March the 18th and was handed over to germany for further delivery on the 19th. That was the last update and there hasn't been one since. Would anybody know why it has stopped updating and why it's in germany? The final destination is canada.
German Post
Handed over to Germany for further delivery
19 March 2021, 12:26 LEJ, Germany
Russian Post
Released from Russia
18 March 2021, 08:14 , Rossiya
Prepared for shipment from Russia
18 March 2021, 08:13 236983, Kaliningrad
Released by custom house
15 March 2021, 15:04 236983, Kaliningrad
Handed over to the customs
15 March 2021, 15:03 236983, Kaliningrad
Arrived at the customs of Russia
14 March 2021, 14:24 236983, Kaliningrad
Arrived at the local distribution center
14 March 2021, 13:57 236980, Kaliningrad
Departed from local distribution center
13 March 2021, 20:48 236960, Kaliningrad
13 March 2021, 16:22 236960, Kaliningrad
11 March 2021, 16:00 102240, Moskva
11 March 2021, 08:48 102240, Moskva
10 March 2021, 12:49 102150, Moskva
09 March 2021, 18:25 102150, Moskva
09 March 2021, 16:17 102000, Moskva
08 March 2021, 19:14 102000, Moskva
06 March 2021, 02:07 625960, Tyumenʹ
Sorting
05 March 2021, 18:21 625965, Tyumenʹ
05 March 2021, 17:37 625960, Tyumenʹ
Sorting complete
05 March 2021, 16:29 625014, Tyumenʹ
Arrived at the Post office
05 March 2021, 15:47 625014, Tyumenʹ
Tracking number assigned
04 March 2021, 10:08 641150, Tselinnoye
Parcel 1 kg 680 g
To: OWEN MULVAY
Print
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Package sent to germany

So your package took 14 days from Russia to Germany.

This is an example of spoke and hub delivery.

You package went from small centre to larger centre to even larger centre.

Then to the exporting terminal.

I looked at Google Maps. That's nearly 4,000 km.  Pretty good time, Russia Post!

And so to Germany, with thousands of other pieces of mail from all over Europe.

Now the process will continue.

Your parcel is in a partly filled container with thousands of pieces headed from Germany to Canada.

When the container is full

AND when transport is available

The container will continue.

At the moment, even if the container is on its way, your parcel is buried with thousands of others. It's on a manifest but the container would have to be searched to find it.

But that is not in question.

It is on its way.

Tracking is a SELLER PROTECTION.

Your protection as a buyer is the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

What is the last estimated date that eBay gave you for delivery?

What service was the seller promising? Air Mail? Express? Surface? Economy?

Mark that date on your calendar.

If it passes before the shipment is delivered, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page, and open an Item Not Received dispute.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, he did that, but Delivery), you will be refunded.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Package sent to germany

So your package took 14 days from Russia to Germany.

This is an example of spoke and hub delivery.

You package went from small centre to larger centre to even larger centre.

Then to the exporting terminal.

I looked at Google Maps. That's nearly 4,000 km.  Pretty good time, Russia Post!

And so to Germany, with thousands of other pieces of mail from all over Europe.

Now the process will continue.

Your parcel is in a partly filled container with thousands of pieces headed from Germany to Canada.

When the container is full

AND when transport is available

The container will continue.

At the moment, even if the container is on its way, your parcel is buried with thousands of others. It's on a manifest but the container would have to be searched to find it.

But that is not in question.

It is on its way.

Tracking is a SELLER PROTECTION.

Your protection as a buyer is the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

What is the last estimated date that eBay gave you for delivery?

What service was the seller promising? Air Mail? Express? Surface? Economy?

Mark that date on your calendar.

If it passes before the shipment is delivered, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page, and open an Item Not Received dispute.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, he did that, but Delivery), you will be refunded.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Package sent to germany

marnotom!
Community Member

You don't say what mailing or shipping method the seller used, but if they used registered mail, the tracking would be only guaranteed as viewable in the country of origin.

A bit more information on the shipping would help us give more informed responses.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Package sent to germany

Last estimated delivery date was April 7th. Idk what service the seller was promising.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Package sent to germany

Okay.

That's important.

Where the parcel might be is not important.

Go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open a Not Received Dispute.

If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Don't accept an offer of a replacement. There is no reason to believe it will arrive any sooner, and if the seller were a scammer (which in this case seems unlikely) he would be trying to run out the clock on the Dispute.

Then, you can reorder from the same seller. Or a different one.

And eventually, your purchase will turn up.

At that time, you have the ethical dilemma of holding both the item and the money. You can however ask the seller for his PP address and repay him directly.  Because you have been in a transaction, this is allowed.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Package sent to germany

@owmul-5621 

You can give the links below for Germany, UK and Canadapost to check for any updates. No guarantees.

https://www.deutschepost.de/sendung/simpleQuery.html?locale=en_GB

https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item#/

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/home.page

At times they can be more up to date compared to eBay tracking. You can also sign up for updates.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Package sent to germany

@owmul-5621 did you receive your package yet? If so How many days did it take from germany to you?

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Package sent to germany

Did you ever get the item and if you did how long did it take? I'm in the same boat right now. Ordered a camera from Russia and it was being tracked all the way up until Germany. It has since been nearly 18 days since I have recieved an update and my delivery date was back on the 5th. I sent a message to the seller telling them I would wait until it hit 2 weeks past the delivery date and if I didn't get it by then, I would contact eBay.  They replied back telling me with Covid and everything there are massive delays but it is common for the item to go to Germany first before departing to the US. Then they told me to stay in contact with them and encouraged me not to contact eBay. Now I know Paypal gives 180 days to make a claim if I went over the month allowance on eBay but I rather not throw out my first line of defense waiting for something that may not show up for another month or two. Hard to believe in 2021 we are still dealing with issues like this.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Package sent to germany

and encouraged me not to contact eBay.

SCAM!

Go to the Resolution CEntre at the bottomof this page and open an Item Not Received Dispute.

If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

When /if the parcel turns up later you can use PP to return the refund.

The delay is not the scam.

And it is true that Germany is a central hub for shipping from Europe to North America.

It's the part about not involving eBay.

Youhave only 30 days from the last estimated date for delivery which eBay gave you to open the Dispute.

That was the 5th? So until September 4th.

But since the package is not moving, act now.

If you miss that deadline, you do have 180 days from Payment to open a PP dispute. The PP Resolution Centre is under Activity on your PP account page.

You may also be able to make a chargeback with the credit card you use to back your PP account.

EBay does allow some leeway if the package has shown movement in the previous ten days, I hear.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Package sent to germany

jerwam
Community Member
Did it show up? My rtx 2070 had been stuck in Germany for nearly a month now.
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Package sent to germany

@jerwam 

That is not the important part.

The important part is : when was is supposed to be delivered?

Tracking is  SELLER PROTECTION against unwarranted Item Not Received disputes.

Your BUYER protection is eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

If the last estimated day for delivery has passed, go to the Resolution Centre and open a Not Received Dispute.

The government of Russia is usually called a "kleptocracy" or a "government of thieves". While most Russians are as honest as anyone else in the world, the entire system of government is compromised.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Package sent to germany

I bought an item from Russia 2 months ago and until now the tracking says item still in Germany
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Package sent to germany

@sabb0611 

If the last estimated day for delivery has passed, go to the Resolution Centre and open a Not Received Dispute.

The government of Russia is usually called a "kleptocracy" or a "government of thieves". While most Russians are as honest as anyone else in the world, the entire system of government is compromised.

This is the third time in this thread alone I have posted this information.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Package sent to germany

Thanks for the reply the delivery deadline was couple days ago and i just received my refund for the item due to item not received.
Thanks again
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Package sent to germany

Hi everyone,

I have the same issue with an item bought from a russian seller - a trusted one.

The parcel is stuck in Germany since september 27th. 🙂

And because it was sent as a regular parcel, less expensive, it is there, and don't know for how long.

Meanwhile, I made another purchasse from Russia, and I asked the seller to send it with EMS (twice the price) and I received the item in 2 weeks. And it had the same route trough Poland and Germany.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Package sent to germany

You only have up to 30 days past the estimated delivery time to file an item not received claim on ebay so keep that in mind.  Even if the seller is 'trusted' it is still possible that the parcel is lost and not going to arrive.  You can let the seller know that if the parcel does arrive and you have already been refunded you will definitely pay them again.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Package sent to germany

@dolbination 

This is the third fourth time in this thread alone I have posted this information.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply