Seller's Note In Description Is This Allowed ????

I was looking at an item on E-Bay .com that I was interested in buying but while I was reading his description this is the note he had on the bottom of the description.

IF YOU PAY BY PAYPAL AND YOU CHOOSE STANDARD SHIPPING, YOU AGREE THAT THE LOT IS SHIPPED AT YOUR RISK AND YOU AGREE NOT TO FILE A CLAIM WITH PAYPAL IF THE LOT IS LOST.

Is this allowed and if you had a problem with the Auction and wanted a Returns would E-Bay give it to you the Refund or not

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Seller's Note In Description Is This Allowed ????

He can say a lot of things but that one will be ignored by eBay, by Paypal and by your credit card company *.

If an unhappy buyer files an Item Not Received Dispute, the seller must either prove Delivery (not shipping) or refund the buyer.

That being said, Surface shipping can easily take up to three months from overseas. Because of the nerve-wracking delay, but much more because the seller is making up his own rules and bullying customers, I'd pass this one by.

*It is a good idea to back your PP account with a credit card, because it gives you a second line of appeal if the transaction goes pear-shaped and because your seller gets paid instantly, no waiting for your bank account payment (e-cheque) to clear.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply