Trying to buy a three pice set of luggage

How can i get a set of luggage   All the sellers seem to be new and have zero feedback twice now item have been removed either after I Win the bid or use buy it now. I am beginning to think it is a scam but why do only such a small amount ....hardly seems worth it.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I hate to steer buyers away from ebay, but the true value plus shipping for large pieces like luggage (you mention a small amount)?, is probably more than what it would cost at your local mall.  That's where you should go to buy your luggage.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Shop in Canada or at least North America.

However, luggage is bulky and shipping, which is based on weight and dimensions, is going to be high.

Probably not something you buy through mail order.

And online shopping is mail order.

why do only such a small amount ....hardly seems worth it.

• Stupid seller- eBay tells newbies to start auctions low. Which really doesn't work any more and hasn't for over 15 years.
  • Harvesting email addresses- your email address appears on your eBay and Paypal addresses. (See also the comment about harvesting names of people who will bid on 'too good to be true' offers.
  • The item does not exist which lowers the scammer's costs considerably. He will refund to those who open Disputes, but will schmooze those who only complain to him (without the Dispute) until the eBay deadline has passed. And some suckers will forget they ever ordered or will not know how to get in touch with the seller.

The Chinese yuan is worth about 18 cents Cdn. And the average annual income in China is about 67,000 yuan* or $12K Cdn. If a scammer has no stock and no mailing costs, income from those sales that do not result in a refund can be quite comfortable.

*But http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2016-01/21/content_23183484.htm

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

A certain major retailer with a presence in many Canadian shopping malls will be having a liquidation sale in a few days.

I don't believe eBay rules allow me to identify them by name.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

How can I get eBay to investigate these sellers and to police their site.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

How? By calling eBay to report them. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply