Ty Beanie Babies

mili8095
Community Member
Howcome some of the Ty Beanie babies are selling for so much? What is the pricing based on.
Thank you
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ty Beanie Babies

marnotom!
Community Member
Because some people are willing to pay that much, I suppose.

It’s the model of Supply and Demand at play.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ty Beanie Babies

marnotom!
Community Member
Because some people are willing to pay that much, I suppose.

It’s the model of Supply and Demand at play.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Ty Beanie Babies

Be careful when viewing sold listings; just because an item is listed as "sold" does not mean that the buyer necessarily paid.

Many of the highest-priced Beanie Baby listings are listed by sellers with little or no feedback, and also purchased by buyers with little or no feedback. If buyer and seller do not exchange feedback on a high-priced transaction, or if the listing is quickly relisted, that is a good sign that the transaction was never completed.

Some unscrupulous users may be trying to make it appear that certain commonly available mass-produced items like Beanie Babies or Disney VHS tapes or Corningware caserole dishes are worth a great deal more than they really are in order to convince others to spend a lot to purchase them in the hope of making a fortune by later selling.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Ty Beanie Babies

Sometimes it is the tag that makes it quite valuable.

Spelling errors on a small number of tags... and perhap strange color on a tag

or even errors on the Beanie Baby itself... such as wrong color nose.....

or ... There is a small number of one Beanie Babie  that was meant to celebrate something special,

Always make sure the ones that you have are not special !!!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Ty Beanie Babies

Also .....A seller can list one at $250   and the rest of this same Beanie Babie will sell quicky at $50 each....

I call this.... Bounce your lower price under the higher price...

I had three copies of one book....  A Seller was selling the same book for $160

I sold my first book at $65......  4 weeks later my second book sold for $65.... and then the third book sold for $65 after another 4 weeks.

That seller's book finally sold for $160....many, many  weeks later..... but then my three books sold quickly for a total of $195....For me it was the total for three books that counted and the books sold very quickly and very easily

Message 5 of 5
latest reply