office 365

rodm1975
Community Member

Hello if some one sells office 365 from 2018 or 2019  will they still work for 2020 0r 2021 thanks? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: office 365

@rodm1975 wrote:

Hello if some one sells office 365 from 2018 or 2019  will they still work for 2020 0r 2021 thanks? 

Some info to get you started. -Lotz

From Microsoft:

Which versions of Office work with Windows 10?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/which-versions-of-office-work-with-windows-10-0fc85c97-da...

From a bit more research in some cases there can be issues with additional components such as:

Exchange Online

SharePoint Online

Lync/Skype for Business Online

SharePoint Online/SharePoint 2013 apparently has compatibility issues with Microsoft Edge, the browser built into Windows 10.  I am still finding out the quirks between them myself but one thing that is definite is that you cannot upload files to a document library just by dragging and dropping files directly to the Edge browser.  Good thing though that you can open a site via IE11.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Office 365 (now Microsoft 365) is a subscription service, so as long as everything is legit and your subscription is paid up, you'll be good to go for years to come.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

My advice would be to forget about purchasing this sort of software on ebay.

Research what product level suits your needs, create a Microsoft account which you will need to use the software then purchase an annual Microsoft 365 subscription directly from Microsoft .... they accept PayPal. It would probably be best to begin with the Personal level subscription, you can easily upgrade later if necessary.

Microsoft 365 (formerly known as Office 365) is a subscription service and has been for a number of years now, as such Microsoft auto updates the software on a regular basis ending the need to release "annual versions".  Windows 10 is regularlly updated in the same fashion, as a result the combinatiion of Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 is always up to date ending "will this software work with that software" concerns. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

thanks a friend sent me link to open office 4.18 was told it was free and I am getting new computer soon some come with office 365 some don't my worker said I don't have to renew after 12 months.  my coach has been telling me no don't buy for 3 yrs now but the newer laptops have it and need to be used for 1 yr .

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Yup, and if you're a student you can also get OS and Office discounts and other perks from Microsoft .

Message 6 of 6
latest reply