who do i contact for help

Tried to purchase an item yesterday, on payment page after i entered my info to pay i got an error message saying to "please review your payment option" so i did...when i entered my info, i got another message saying " We can't process your request, please select a different payment method" So after the 2 tries i stopped trying. But the two payments DID go thru in my bank account! But items are not in my purchase history! So basically i payed twice, for items i did not purchase/will not receive. Where do i go from here with help for this?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What did you choose as the payment method, for both attempts for a purchase?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

What did you choose as the payment method, for both attempts for a purchase?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

credit card (witch is my visa debit that i successfully used before)

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Do you have a Paypal account? If so, go to the Payapl site, log into it and you should  be able to find a contact phone number for them.  That's who I would first contact to find out what is going on.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

credit card (witch is my visa debit that i successfully used before)
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

A Canadian credit card is quite different from a Canadian debit card.

A debit card draws on your bank account. If the bank account is empty, we cannot use the debit card.

A credit card draws on our presumed ability to pay. We have a limit on that promise which can be quite high.

Americans have a type of card which is both and they choose whether to use their real money (debit) or their promised payment (credit) when they pay.

In any case, check that your card has not expired. With the Canada Post labour dispute, some expired cards were not replaced as quickly as usual over the past few months.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

The money got taken from my account twice! But the order did not thru as purchased! I will not be getting these item because it did not go as purchased on my Ebay!

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

From your bank account or from your credit card?

If from your credit card, phone the 1-800 number on the back and talk to the customer service rep about a chargeback.  And ask her to note that this was a duplicate payment on an item not yet received, so that the company has a record if you have to chargeback on the other payment.

If from your bank account, go into your bank branch and talk to an officer- not the teller, but start there- it might be possible for the bank to reverse the charge.  I'm not hopeful about that.

This is why in my opinion online purchasing is best done through an anonymizing service like Paypal backed by a credit (not debit) card.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

So you mean it is not marked as Paid on your Items Purchased list?

Some sellers are slow about that, although if an online payment is made, usually it is automatic.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

This happened to me, Canadian VISA to a Chinese Seller. I was billed three times for something. 2 times it said incomplete, 1 time it said complete. Sure enough my VISA statement came through and 3 payments were present. I received one item from the seller. It was fake (and verified fake by the company that makes the real ones). eBay said there was only 1 order. VISA verified 3 payments were sent to the seller but only 1 order showed on eBay. VISA was amazing and refunded everything.

Call your bank or credit card company they should have a policy to refund the monies taken.

Is this an eBay "glitch"?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Sounds like a glitch. This can happen sometimes and it's generally a pain to deal with.

You need to call your bank. Each bank deals with Visa Debit differently, so call them and ask how to proceed. Most banks don't have a dedicated Visa Debit department, but should be able to get you to an agent that can help.

Just get your bank debit card or Visa Debit  card and call the number on the back, and indicate to the customer service rep that you need to dispute a purchase. Explain the situation that you attempted to complete a transaction twice and received error messages, only to see that the charges were put through. 

Most likely they will communicate with eBay's processing partner to verify/place a claim and eventually get your funds back.

Most Canadians now have access to Visa Debit, very similar to the way the US has. We've had them for about 5 or more years now. But depending on a person's bank or communication preferences, some may not receive an updated card etc. The Visa debit works like a typical Visa card and debits your bank immediately. One nice upside to Visa Debit is no NSF charges.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Thanks.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply