August 16 2017 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hey Howdy Hey everyone -

Looking forward to chatting with you tomorrow!

There's been some issues on my part with getting the weekly open issues chart updated with applicable data. I won't be posting it this week, and will update the thread when I have a version that is appropriately updated.

Thanks!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Do you have any more information on the Shippo webinar I received an e-mail about this morning? More specifically, will it be recorded or made available in some way afterwards for those of us who won't be able to attend live?

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Shippo-Central/quot-Live-Webinar-Getting-Start-with-eBay-Canada-amp-Ship...

Message 21 of 36
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Still hoping for confirmation that we can buy return shipping labels for US customers.

How about getting a Shippo rep here to put a guide into the Shippo thread -- and then pin it.

@femmefan1946 - working on getting more Shippo presence, even if it's just for a few weekly chats so we can put together something for the Shippo board!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 22 of 36
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

Why on the .com site under selling manager, summary, improve your listings, does it show items with image problems under recommendations, while the Canadian site shows absolutely nothing about the .ca site.

Are we in Canada considered inferior and insignificant, and below the Americans as it is what I call discrimination. Why don't they just dump the .ca site as it is becoming a joke and is totally incompatible with .com and getting worse with all the changes to .com and none on .ca.

It doesn't look like either site currently lists anything under the recommendations section of your Selling Manager Summary. That may be because you've already implemented those suggestions. If you see that disparity again please feel free to message me prior to changing them so I can get it reported, as the filters looking for suggestions are the same from site to site.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 23 of 36
latest reply

@sylviebee wrote:

My questions are about Shippo Insurance.  If these issues have already been addressed I apologize but I haven't seen anything regarding my questions.

I seem to remember reading that Shipsurance (Insure Post) is handling Shippo insurance but I don't know if that's true.  Is it?  

I find insurance on Shippo very easy to use, and I like that a lot,  but I have no idea what I'm buying.

Also, 75 cents/$100 for international and 50 cents for domestic is very reasonable compared to previous rates.

1)  With Shipsurance it was necessary to get a PO stamp of acceptance when items were shipped without tracking for the Insurance to be active.  Is that still the case?  It seems that getting these stamps isn't necessary because otherwise I would think that purchasers would be informed.  It's much more convenient if no acceptance is required.  Does that information exist anywhere?

2) When I buy insurance for an item shipped by a method also insured but the PO such as Expedited, the system seems to be bumping that insurance over to this other provider.  That is, the PO charged (charges?) almost 3 times the rate that Shippo insurance does but when I buy I label on Shippo I get charged the lower rate.  What's up with that?  

@sylviebee - haven't forgotten about this question, we're waiting on some more info and will hopefully get an answer in the next little bit. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 24 of 36
latest reply

@thestuffofchris wrote:

Do you have any more information on the Shippo webinar I received an e-mail about this morning? More specifically, will it be recorded or made available in some way afterwards for those of us who won't be able to attend live?

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Shippo-Central/quot-Live-Webinar-Getting-Start-with-eBay-Canada-amp-Ship...

Hey @thestuffofchris - not sure on that, but I'm checking with Shippo and will keep you updated!

Edit: Heard back a lot faster than I thought I would: yes, it will be recorded and made available. Great question!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 25 of 36
latest reply

No worries, thanks.
Message 26 of 36
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

Why on the .com site under selling manager, summary, improve your listings, does it show items with image problems under recommendations, while the Canadian site shows absolutely nothing about the .ca site.

Are we in Canada considered inferior and insignificant, and below the Americans as it is what I call discrimination. Why don't they just dump the .ca site as it is becoming a joke and is totally incompatible with .com and getting worse with all the changes to .com and none on .ca.

It doesn't look like either site currently lists anything under the recommendations section of your Selling Manager Summary. That may be because you've already implemented those suggestions. If you see that disparity again please feel free to message me prior to changing them so I can get it reported, as the filters looking for suggestions are the same from site to site.

Nothing is the same from site to site as I found out the last time I PM'd you and I had to spend over an hour with the special apps team to find out what the issue was. Lat time I PM'd you, I had a100+ on .com and 0 on .ca.

I just sold an item today with only 1 image and it did not show on .ca.

.com listings show problems on .com but not on .ca and issues on .ca don't show at all.

I don't want to be rude, but this is getting ridiculous where one hand on Ebay has no idea what the other is doing.  And this has nothing to do with you personally, just the **bleep** that Ebay expects us to swallow constantly, especially in Canada.

Message 27 of 36
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

Nothing is the same from site to site as I found out the last time I PM'd you and I had to spend over an hour with the special apps team to find out what the issue was. Lat time I PM'd you, I had a100+ on .com and 0 on .ca.

.com listings show problems on .com but not on .ca and issues on .ca don't show at all.

I don't want to be rude, but this is getting ridiculous where one hand on Ebay has no idea what the other is doing.  And this has nothing to do with you personally, just the **bleep** that Ebay expects us to swallow constantly, especially in Canada.

Happy to report it the next time you see a difference!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 28 of 36
latest reply

When are they going to remove the message on my Seller Dashboard saying I get 20% off for final fees? Everytime I see it I get upset & it reminds me that it was changed to only 10%. I know this is not a priority but Please could you forward this to eBay & have it changed. Thanks

Message 29 of 36
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@dutchman48 wrote:

Happy to report it the next time you see a difference!

And the same thing will happen as with the cart, absolutely nothing. Ebay is too busy with AI (because they have none of their own) to deal with any problems.

Message 30 of 36
latest reply

@dustmite007 wrote:

When are they going to remove the message on my Seller Dashboard saying I get 20% off for final fees? Everytime I see it I get upset & it reminds me that it was changed to only 10%. I know this is not a priority but Please could you forward this to eBay & have it changed. Thanks

That's really odd @2nd-time-around-jewelry - it should have changed some time ago and I'm sorry that it's sticking around. I'll have a look and see what I can find out. Thanks for letting me know!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 31 of 36
latest reply

Hi,

I want to exclude the Russian Federation from my shipping locations. Why is the Russian Federation in two different sections under shipping locations?

Asia has the Russian Federation and Europe has the Russian Federation.

If you exclude Asia under shipping locations will it still show up if you don't exclude it under Europe locations?

Thanks,

Derrick

Message 32 of 36
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:

Hi,

I want to exclude the Russian Federation from my shipping locations. Why is the Russian Federation in two different sections under shipping locations?

Asia has the Russian Federation and Europe has the Russian Federation.

If you exclude Asia under shipping locations will it still show up if you don't exclude it under Europe locations?

Thanks,

Derrick

Thanks for the question Derrick - in order to effectively block Russian Federation you would want to check both (Asia and Europe dropdown).

As to why, I don't have a good answer for you, other than to provide an option for those offering the 'custom' option for international shipping to restrict by region, but still allow for certain countries that cross those regions. It's a weak 'because' but that's the one I have.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 33 of 36
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining us this week everyone - the chat is now closed. We'll make sure that we get answers for you, and looking forward to seeing you next week!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 34 of 36
latest reply

Hi sylviebee,

Here are answers to your questions 🙂

"I seem to remember reading that Shipsurance (Insure Post) is handling Shippo insurance but I don't know if that's true.  Is it?" 

" With Shipsurance it was necessary to get a PO stamp of acceptance when items were shipped without tracking for the Insurance to be active.  Is that still the case?"

Any insurance bought through Shippo via our UI is through Shipsurance and not an extension of the carrier's insruance. If they purchased a service level that includes carrier (CP) insurance, Shipsurance will kick in after that initial amount. The official policy via the Shipsurance T's & C's, "This program is excess coverage if there is other insurance coverage. After the other insurance has paid up to its limit, our program will provide coverage up to its limit, but not exceeding the remainder of the loss."

@sylviebee wrote:

My questions are about Shippo Insurance.  If these issues have already been addressed I apologize but I haven't seen anything regarding my questions.

I seem to remember reading that Shipsurance (Insure Post) is handling Shippo insurance but I don't know if that's true.  Is it?  

Yes, it is through Shipsurance. Here are three useful resources for you:

I find insurance on Shippo very easy to use, and I like that a lot,  but I have no idea what I'm buying.

Also, 75 cents/$100 for international and 50 cents for domestic is very reasonable compared to previous rates.

1)  With Shipsurance it was necessary to get a PO stamp of acceptance when items were shipped without tracking for the Insurance to be active.  Is that still the case?  It seems that getting these stamps isn't necessary because otherwise I would think that purchasers would be informed.  It's much more convenient if no acceptance is required.  Does that information exist anywhere?

Yes - this is true. Per their site, "Canada Post shippers: We are aware that Small Packets may not contain a tracking or customs number. In order to cover your packages with Shipsurance, make sure that your shipments have some form of indication of acceptance from Canada Post. You can have your Postal Representative or Post Master provide an acceptance stamp on your shipping receipt that indicates their acceptance into the mail flow." For more information please refer tohttp://www.shipsurance.com/questions

2) When I buy insurance for an item shipped by a method also insured but the PO such as Expedited, the system seems to be bumping that insurance over to this other provider.  That is, the PO charged (charges?) almost 3 times the rate that Shippo insurance does but when I buy I label on Shippo I get charged the lower rate.  What's up with that?  

Any insurance bought through Shippo via Shippo UI is through Shipsurance and not an extension of the carrier's insurance. If you purchased a service level that includes carrier (CP) insurance, Shipsurance will kick in after that initial amount. The official policy via the Shipsurance T's & C's, "This program is excess coverage if there is other insurance coverage. After the other insurance has paid up to its limit, our program will provide coverage up to its limit, but not exceeding the remainder of the loss."

Message 35 of 36
latest reply

@sylviebee wrote:

Another question regarding Shippo.  Is it possible to buy a label on Shippo for personal items in addition to those sold via an online venue?

Hello sylviebee,

Yes, you can use Shippo to buy labels for non-eBay related transactions. You just won't be able to use the CPC discounted rates for eBay transactions. The CPC discount only applies to labels for eBay transactions. You'll have to add a second Canada Post account within Shippo, which won't have access to the eBay discounts. Here is a link that includes with step by step directions.

https://support.goshippo.com/hc/en-us/articles/201772755-How-to-find-your-Canada-Post-API-username-a...

Message 36 of 36
latest reply